"new" Nintendo 3DS announced

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
slangman
Beginner

Re: "new" Nintendo 3DS announced

Post by slangman »

Kong Wen wrote:
slangman wrote:Was also lucky to get an email today about the New 3DS Ambassador Edition. Not a good time of the year, when you are trying to save up, although I sort of dislike white consoles anyway. I am tempted to get one, and make a decent profit on Ebay, or buy it as an investement to sell at a later date?
My instinct is it would have more value if sold immediately, to capitalize on the launch hype and fewer people having one. As more time passes, more people will get them, be less interested in the exclusive stuff (faceplates), and Nintendo will possibly release even more revisions etc. thus decreasing the value.
Yeah now that I think about it does sound like a better idea to sell it immediately, when keeping that in mind. Plus I am certian Nintendo will bring out more limited edition 'New' 3DS later down the line, which will possibly be more attractive than the Ambassador Edition.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Check out the charging cradle for the new 3DS, such a weird design. I suppose it saves space but I imagine it would tip over easy.

Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Not sure if I want one of these or not. Its still so early in the 3DS lifespan for one of these but then again it will be the only way to play Xenoblade on the go, which may just be a tipping point for me.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

For me, 100+ hour RPGs aren't the best "on-the-go" games anyway. If I'm playing on the road, I like to be able to save and shut down my game at any time. An HD version on Wii U would have been a much better fit. Give me puzzlers!

Here's a question: I didn't glean from the Direct whether Majora's Mask is New-only. Also not sure whether the new Fire Emblem is New-only or just has New-only features. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Majora's Mask certainly isn't New-only. It was always announced as a regular 3DS title. As far as other games, those who don't necessary have to use anything of the New 3DS, will run on the old 3DS. The few games I've read about on NL only run faster/smoother on the New 3DS ... :roll:

[edit]
Just watched the EU Direct and checked with Amazon UK, the Direct showed a Nintendo 3DS bundle with Majora's Mask and it can be found on Amazon as well. That should confirm that it's not New-only.
[/edit]
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Xenoblade is the only NEW 3DS exclusive game, but basically every 3DS game coming out will use the new 3DS in some way - most of which just adding what would be circle pad pro support.

I decided to pre-order the Monster Hunter New 3DS XL yesterday. I don't like the black interior, but it seems like every model has the black interior expect the red, which seems to lean towards pink here and there. Also saves me about $20 on Monster Hunter itself. Also I do use Amiibo's and I would rather not get that Amiibo adapter for the regular 3DS.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:Xenoblade is the only NEW 3DS exclusive game, but basically every 3DS game coming out will use the new 3DS in some way - most of which just adding what would be circle pad pro support.
I thing there be probably a lot of games that take full advantage of the N3DS more powerful hardware.
Just I don't know why there's only 1 single game normally for any new system there be a slew of new games at launch
squishy wrote:Not sure if I want one of these or not. Its still so early in the 3DS lifespan for one of these but then again it will be the only way to play Xenoblade on the go, which may just be a tipping point for me.[/squishy]
Well 3 years is diffently too short for a console generation.
3 years vs the DS 7 strong years & normally it's an average of 5 years between generation gaps.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kawaiipikachu wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Xenoblade is the only NEW 3DS exclusive game, but basically every 3DS game coming out will use the new 3DS in some way - most of which just adding what would be circle pad pro support.
I thing there be probably a lot of games that take full advantage of the N3DS more powerful hardware.
Just I don't know why there's only 1 single game normally for any new system there be a slew of new games at launch
squishy wrote:Not sure if I want one of these or not. Its still so early in the 3DS lifespan for one of these but then again it will be the only way to play Xenoblade on the go, which may just be a tipping point for me.[/squishy]
Well 3 years is diffently too short for a console generation.
3 years vs the DS 7 strong years & normally it's an average of 5 years between generation gaps.
Well makes sense since it's a stop gap system ;) Hopefully they continue this trend of having New 3DS benefits but not many exclusives. And by the time the new 3DS comes out it will have been 4 years! Or at least about 3 years and 11 months :lol:
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Post by PoisonRamune »

Kong Wen wrote:For me, 100+ hour RPGs aren't the best "on-the-go" games anyway. If I'm playing on the road, I like to be able to save and shut down my game at any time. An HD version on Wii U would have been a much better fit. Give me puzzlers!

Here's a question: I didn't glean from the Direct whether Majora's Mask is New-only. Also not sure whether the new Fire Emblem is New-only or just has New-only features. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
I've stopped saving regularly in my games and just close the clam shell to leave my games in suspend. It seems to work very well for all the games I play even RPGs (I'd do most of my MH3U quests over the course of 3 sittings). Just sayin'
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but if you're getting one of these, you'd better have a charger. It doesn't come with one.

Rob