Real Life Pinball (not a video game)

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Real Life Pinball (not a video game)

Post by Kreegs »

I know that PR and I like to play Pinball. Is anyone else a fan?? I own Gottlieb's "Amazing Spiderman" cabinet and I have done quite a bit of work to it. Does anyone else own a Pin? Does anyone else have any favorite cabinets that they have played? Are PR and I the only ones that get giddy over classic cabinets?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Real Life Pinball (not a video game)

Post by VictorViper »

How is it possible that we're only just now learning of our mutual pinball love, Kreegs? My girl and I just got in the door from one of our frequent pinball nights! So awesome that you have a table - is it the Stern one? If so, that one's layout is quite similar to my favourite table, Medieval Madness [EDIT: derp, you mentioned Gottleib].
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Yea its the Gottlieb one. I really like the artwork on it, and it plays pretty nicely. Also, I can't complain that I got it for only 300 dollars.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2285
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:I know that PR and I like to play Pinball. Is anyone else a fan?? Are PR and I the only ones that get giddy over classic cabinets?
Haha, are you new? :)

Vic and I at least have waxed poetic about our real-life pinball adventures with some frequency on here. I was happy to have the opportunity to visit the self-styled pinball hall of fame in Las Vegas this spring and play some of my favourite tables. Medieval Madness is a good one, but I find I like the real-life version better than the video one. It's too bad the unit they had at the PBHoF played so soft... I also really enjoy The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot. They had a nice version of that there. Tales of the Arabian Nights is another one that I actually really like in both video and live formats.

It's too bad the scene around here is kind of lousy. Most of the tables I've had a chance to play are old mechanical units that weren't in great shape (they would have been awesome if they were in smooth playing condition), and some busy newer tables that I didn't find very interesting (AC/DC, Lord of the Rings, X-Men, etc.).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Honestly I am not sure how I avoided those conversations either! I knew that you liked Pins, but PR was always the one that would engage me about them.

Do any of you guys own a machine? If not, what would you ideally like to buy and what would you realistically like to buy?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Do any of you guys own a machine? If not, what would you ideally like to buy and what would you realistically like to buy?
I don't own a machine currently, but I'd like to. I have a little bit of space for one, but we have some other renovations that take priority before we can fit one in. I don't know what I'd get yet... it'd largely depend on availability.

There's a guy in town who opened a retro-style arcade as a labour of love, and he has a number of pinball tables there: Meteor (Stern), Magic, Speak Easy (Bally), Fire! (Williams), Lost World, Black Knight 2000, and Lethal Weapon 3.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

That is a pretty sweet line up there KW. Have you hit up that place yet?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm actually a little surprised it took this long. The Sopranos had a Stern table by (afaik) the second season. And it's a good one!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Will you be able to kill every character in the pin?