The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Don't know if they'll put a sale on table packs, got 2 tables on sale for $0.99.
Grt. Merlin

kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 May 2018 17:08 Kiwi mentioned in the chat that this game is losing a bunch of tables, due to licences expiring. You'll still be able to play them, but you don't be able to buy them after they're removed. I guess it was bound to happen. Maybe it'll prompt them to put some of their absurdly-priced seasonal table packs on sale before they can't make any $$ off them anymore.
Too bad FarSight Studios couldn’t negotiate for a licence renewal with the owners, maybe was a one off thing.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote: 08 May 2018 18:50
Kong Wen wrote: 08 May 2018 17:08 Kiwi mentioned in the chat that this game is losing a bunch of tables, due to licences expiring. You'll still be able to play them, but you don't be able to buy them after they're removed. I guess it was bound to happen. Maybe it'll prompt them to put some of their absurdly-priced seasonal table packs on sale before they can't make any $$ off them anymore.
Too bad FarSight Studios couldn’t negotiate for a licence renewal with the owners, maybe was a one off thing.
They had a hard time getting some of the licence agreements in the first place (even running Kickstarter campaigns to fund a couple of them), so it's not too surprising. Not trying to fault them here. This would have been a very unwieldy process considering the number of licence holders they would have had to get around the table.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

We've known this was coming for a while, but the exact date is 30 JUNE. After this Saturday, we won't be able to get Bally or Williams tables in Pinball Arcade. People who already own the tables will be able to keep using them. Buy them this week if you want to have them all available to you.

Season 8 is coming later this summer with all of the Stern tables from the more-recently-released Stern Pinball Arcade, as well as some new tables.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/8/173333 ... ms-license
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Mentioned this in chat, but I've returned to The Pinball Arcade after quite some time. When I was visiting Lexington, Kentucky, recently, I had great fun with their Frank Thomas' Big Hurt table. I was quite pleased to discover it featured in the first Gottlieb pack for TPBA (and that they still had the license to sell it). I've been enjoying playing their digital recreation, but boy are the preset high scores high! I'm sure the top spot will eventually seem attainable (or even easy) once I get a better hang of the game, but I haven't even cracked half of that score yet. I'm also sure I'll enjoy the other games in the pack if I ever get around to them, but I'm focused on improving at Big Hurt for now.

As an aside, to return to this game, I downloaded it for Switch, the fourth platform I've played it on. I didn't really consider its handheld mode to be a selling point in the past, but I've warmed to it over the years, especially as I've grown to love baseball more and more, so that occupies my TV screen much more often. Fitting then, I suppose, that a baseball-themed pinball game is what brought me back to TPBA. Anyway, as a device for this game, the Switch is a solid upgrade from the Vita, especially now that it has an OLED screen to match. It adds rumble and a comfortable way to play with a vertical aspect ratio. Probably not worth rebuying everything on it, but as a way to play a new set I didn't already own, it's good.
You got BOOST power!