Ouya eyeing acquisition (Amazon, Google targets)

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Ouya eyeing acquisition (Amazon, Google targets)

Post by Kong Wen »

The newly identity-free crowdsourced Android console Ouya is apparently seeking to be acquired by a company that will know what they're doing. Google seems like a natural fit, given that the system runs Android and the big G hasn't shied away from throwing money at various markets just to see what sticks, but they usually like to move on their own terms.

The article mentions that Ouya's also looking at companies in China, which is newly-open for console gaming. That might be a more realistic but less headline-grabbing result.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Re: Ouya eyeing acquisition (Amazon, Google targets)

Post by Jelly »

What does one get by purchasing Ouya?

It's not like something like the Oculus where you get the great talent on board, as well as the software and hardware solutions.

Which interesting software and hardware solutions are there on the Ouya? It's not like the brand itself is something worth cheering for, since it already has a reputation of being a failure.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Ouya eyeing acquisition (Amazon, Google targets)

Post by Kreegs »

If we each pool in 5 bucks, will that be enough? Especially if the Brits put in 5 pounds sterling, or the other Europeans can thrown in 5 Euro.
I intend to live forever, or die trying