Destiny & Destiny 2 Discussion

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Destiny

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Have you tried out the raid mode yet Kong? Apparenlt that can take a couple hours to beat your first time around :p
I'm not high enough level yet. I'll save that stuff for when Vic and Kong-in-Law, and possibly Bades are ready to go through it with me.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've created a Clan for This Old Neon:
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/662468

If you have the game on PS3, PS4, X360, or Xbox One, you can join that clan using your Bungie account (and you can sign into your Bungie account via your PS or Microsoft accounts—it's really quite easy!). Once we have three PS users signed up and/or three XB users, then the clan features will be available in-game for people playing on this platforms, which means we'll be able to see clan tags, engage in match-making, and get rewards for doing strikes and raids together.

If you have the game, please take a moment to sign up.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Join request sent! :neon:
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I had one of my best games in the Crucible in Destiny last night! Got 1.86 KDR in a blow-out win. Just don't look at the other team's stats... looks like they're all new players, which probably contributed to our victory. :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the win netted me my first piece of Legendary gear, a nice helmet that boosted me from level 23 to level 25!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The team at Bungie posted a nice end-of-year wrap-up on Destiny. There are apparently presents incoming after the holidays. :)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Bungie is pushing another hot fix live today to fix exploits and glitches across the board (mostly in the Crota's End raid), and to bring Iron Banner back for the week of 13-19 January. They also nerfed my sniper rifle. :(

Iron Banner looks like it'll be improved (again), with the new DLC arenas thrown into the mix (even in Control mode). They're offering high-level auto & sniper rifles (I still use the ones I got from the last Iron Banner), as well as some higher level arm & chest pieces, which is probably mostly what I'll play for.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

They've switched up the weapons for IB. Rocket launcher (Radegast's Fury, which makes me think it will launch rabbits) and hand cannon (Timur's Lash) this time around. I caught the last Iron Banner at the tail end of the event with a few days to play it. Hopefully I'll have plenty of time to play this one and get that hand cannon.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Drauks wrote:They've switched up the weapons for IB. Rocket launcher (Radegast's Fury, which makes me think it will launch rabbits) and hand cannon (Timur's Lash) this time around. I caught the last Iron Banner at the tail end of the event with a few days to play it. Hopefully I'll have plenty of time to play this one and get that hand cannon.
It looks like a nice hand cannon although I doubt it would replace Thorn for me (the lingering damage is an awesome bonus). I do have the auto rifle and the sniper rifle already and I really like both of them, so I can see myself trying for the rocket launcher and then re-randomizing the perks a few times until I get something I like (I'm sitting on like 105 motes, so I can blow them on that).
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The hard mode version of the Crota's End raid is being added to the game next week. It'll have exclusive legendary primary weapons, a new ship, a new shader, and a special item that lets you upgrade a fully-buffed legendary husk of the pit into an exotic auto rifle.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Xur is selling Icebreaker this weekend for 17 coins! Even though I don't snipe much, I'm going to have a pretty damn nice collection (re-rolled Efrideet's Spear from Iron Banner, Black Hammer, Icebreaker, and Patience & Time).

On the armour front, he's got the Glasshouse for Defender Titans, Achylophage Symbiote for golden gunners, and Obsidian Mind for Voidwalkers. I would get all three of these if I could afford them, but I'll have to stick with the Mind, and then maybe pick up the Symbiote if I get a couple lucky drops before the end of the weekend.