Destiny & Destiny 2 Discussion

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Destiny

Post by Kong Wen »

Destiny: The Taken King (the base game, both year 1 DLCs, and the latest massive expansion) is on sale for $29.99 until 1 December. PSN has a 10% cart-wide discount on their blog right now. Plus you can get a referral code to start off with some extra loot if you play missions with a "veteran" (yours truly). Perfect time to get into the game. Lots of people still playing, and Bungie's doing a great job of rolling out updates. <3
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Destiny: The Taken King (the base game, both year 1 DLCs, and the latest massive expansion) is on sale for $29.99 until 1 December. PSN has a 10% cart-wide discount on their blog right now. Plus you can get a referral code to start off with some extra loot if you play missions with a "veteran" (yours truly). Perfect time to get into the game. Lots of people still playing, and Bungie's doing a great job of rolling out updates. <3
I'm guessing that's the digital version then? I picked up the physical game for $50 today.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Destiny: The Taken King (the base game, both year 1 DLCs, and the latest massive expansion) is on sale for $29.99 until 1 December. PSN has a 10% cart-wide discount on their blog right now. Plus you can get a referral code to start off with some extra loot if you play missions with a "veteran" (yours truly). Perfect time to get into the game. Lots of people still playing, and Bungie's doing a great job of rolling out updates. <3
I'm guessing that's the digital version then? I picked up the physical game for $50 today.
Maybe it was, or maybe I was foolishly looking at American prices? I assume you got the Taken King version?

Man, I created a new character the other day just for kicks and I forgot about how fun it is starting from scratch with no gear and no idea what to do or how to do it! :) I'll PM you my veteran link so we can do the friendship quests together. It's nice to know people who play this game, since even if you want to solo a lot of the early content, you know you'll have some folks available to help with anything that gets tough.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
Maybe it was, or maybe I was foolishly looking at American prices? I assume you got the Taken King version?

Man, I created a new character the other day just for kicks and I forgot about how fun it is starting from scratch with no gear and no idea what to do or how to do it! :) I'll PM you my veteran link so we can do the friendship quests together. It's nice to know people who play this game, since even if you want to solo a lot of the early content, you know you'll have some folks available to help with anything that gets tough.
I think so, I was on the Canadian Playstation Store website last night and didn't see anything cheaper than $50 for the game. But yeah I got the Taken King edition, which is quite the value considering it's the full game plus the $60 or so in DLC. Yeah the game gives me a bit of a Monster Hunter vibe - hunting with friends is always better!

My real life buddy offered me the veteran quest thingy as well, I'm guessing you can only sign up with one person?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:My real life buddy offered me the veteran quest thingy as well, I'm guessing you can only sign up with one person?
Yep, you can only link up with one veteran, so use his link if he gave you one. But that doesn't mean we can't all play in a group! :) I'll have to make sure we're PSN friends.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Destiny 2 is coming this fall! This is a nice opportunity for Bungie to unshackle themselves from the requirements of the previous generation (Destiny was built to run on PS3 & PS4 / X360 & 1, whereas Destiny 2 is coming to PS4 / X1 and PC).

They're doing a live gameplay reveal this afternoon at 10:00 a.m. PDT / 2:00 a.m. EDT. Hoping to see them continue their best-in-class gunplay/handling/feel and improve it with a bunch of UX/QoL upgrades, and tweaks to their investment economy (the grind/character and gear upgrades, etc.).

I doubt we'll see much of the new story in a gameplay reveal, but you never know.

I also anticipate the beta will drop either shortly after this, or shortly after E3 next week.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Destiny 2 on PC is confirmed not to be a console port, but is being "built from the ground up."

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Destiny 2 is launching in a little under two weeks (6 September), and Bungie has just released their revamped clan features. It looks like clans are going to have more of an impact on the game this time around, other than just being simple organizational tools. Now everyone in the clan gets increased rewards based on the participation of all other members of the clan. The better you do, the higher your clan ranks, leading to bonuses for the whole roster. Clans are also the in-game hub for matchmaking.

Here's a link to This Old Neon's little clan. We were a group of PvE aces in the last game, utterly dismantling all of the co-operative content. Looking forward to doing that again. :neon:
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Destiny & Destiny 2 Discussion

Post by VictorViper »

I started up a character last night. Not impressed so far, but I'm doing my best to just ignore things and push past my gripes in the hopes that once my friend and I start digging into it, I'll be able to see past how UTTERLY MEDIOCRE this game is.

*koff*

Excited as hell to get home and get a proper marathon session going tonight, though. Go figure.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Destiny & Destiny 2 Discussion

Post by Kong Wen »

My copy from EB still hasn't arrived. I don't know how they're still in business. Unfortunately I won't be joining you until next week, Vic!

EDIT: Scratch that! The fault lies with Purolator, not EB! They tried to deliver it and didn't leave a delivery notice. I only heard about it when talking with a neighbour while checking the mail. I'll be playing tonight!