Destiny & Destiny 2 Discussion

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Destiny & Destiny 2 Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Sep 2017 21:51 My copy from EB still hasn't arrived. I don't know how they're still in business. Unfortunately I won't be joining you until next week, Vic!

EDIT: Scratch that! The fault lies with Purolator, not EB! They tried to deliver it and didn't leave a delivery notice. I only heard about it when talking with a neighbour while checking the mail. I'll be playing tonight!
Man that's the best feeling when you think something wasn't delivered/wont be delievered but then you find out it will be
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 09 Sep 2017 02:49 Man that's the best feeling when you think something wasn't delivered/wont be delievered but then you find out it will be
Hehe, I would have preferred to cut out the middleman and just have the good feeling of the thing being delivered when expected. :) But you're right!

I got back home from vacation yesterday afternoon and I was only a few missions from the end of the story campaign, so I finished that up. Good shit! Some very interesting lore/story developments in there.
Spoiler
Even moreso than the Traveller finally waking up and taking action, the constant mention of Savathun on Io has some very ominous implications. We also see new ships that were featured in some early concept art, which could mean a new proper enemy race is coming in an expansion.
Then I pounded through 10 matches in the Crucible, although I didn't have my TONe fireteam with me for these, so I had to deal with teammates who may very well have been new to Destiny PvP, because by and large, they didn't seem to know about the objectives. But that's fair! I won more than I lost and killed more than I died. :)

Those activities, plus the clan teamwork bonuses, put me at high enough level that I could do the Nightfall (endgame strike content). It took a few tries, but we beat it on the 4th try with 2:30 left on the clock and we all got sweet gear! The new Nightfall modifiers are sneaky. They really demand teamwork and aiming for objectives. It was super intense, probably partly because we were under-levelled. I look forward to seeing more of these, and also ducking into the raid tomorrow!!!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Had a good weekend. Got into the raid and played through 3 main encounters, as well as exploring a lot and learning a lot about the place, figuring out mechanics, etc. The raid fights are interesting because they don't take very long after you've learned the mechanics. I'm sure lots of people are looking for groups to just jump in and pound out the encounters quickly for loot, but our group was in there for hours actually puzzling out how to do things.

I also put together a little PvP team (of people who were on at the time, not cherry-picking) and after probably 3 or 4 reset Trials of the Nine cards, we finally managed to string 3 wins together to get some rewards (very rewarding rewards as a matter of fact), so pretty pleased with that.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

We beat the raid last night! Figured it all out blind, no walkthroughs, no spoilers, so I'll keep it that way here for now. We did the first encounter on Tuesday night, the second and third encounters on Wednesday, and then spent all of yesterday on the final encounter. The final one is definitely best. A crazy combination of coordination and killing.

That means if you're in the clan, you can go talk to Hawthorne and get a free clan raid engram! It should have some raid-specific loot in there albeit at a low level (mine decrypted at 10 power, but the point is they're unique items).