Walking Dead 1+2 & Wolf Among Us for PS4/X1

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Walking Dead 1+2 & Wolf Among Us for PS4/X1

Post by Kong Wen »

Telltale Games announced via Twitter that The Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One in October. It'll also get the retail treatment for those systems as well as PS3, Vita, and Xbox 360. The Wolf Among Us is also coming to all those systems, including physical retail configurations, in November.

I held off on the $10 The Wolf Among Us sale on PS3 a couple weeks ago, and now I feel justified. I plan on picking up a disc copy when it drops in price a bit.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Walking Dead 1+2 & Wolf Among Us for PS4/X1

Post by The Shoemaker »

My buddy really liked both series on PS3, especially Wolf Among Us. Story is pretty thought out. If I like Telltale's Game of Thrones game I might think to give these a try.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Bades
Initiate

Post by Bades »

Fables as a comic book series is pretty inconsistent in quality, but Wolf Among Us was a pretty solid addition to the universe. Might end up being my personal favorite of the Telltale series thus far. I'll probably pick up The Walking Dead Season 2 at some point, but I haven't heard as much about it as I did when the first one came out.

I'd pick up the Borderlands and/or Game of Thrones series but I haven't played Borderlands 2 and haven't seen Game of Thrones yet so I'll be holding off on those for now.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Bades wrote:Fables as a comic book series is pretty inconsistent in quality, but Wolf Among Us was a pretty solid addition to the universe. Might end up being my personal favorite of the Telltale series thus far. I'll probably pick up The Walking Dead Season 2 at some point, but I haven't heard as much about it as I did when the first one came out.

I'd pick up the Borderlands and/or Game of Thrones series but I haven't played Borderlands 2 and haven't seen Game of Thrones yet so I'll be holding off on those for now.
It seems like Telltale has shaken themselves out of the Jurassic Park, Back to the Future rut they were in and are making genuinely compelling games in this subgenre (third person point & click). I enjoyed the first Walking Dead (enough to play it through twice to make different decisions), and I've heard great things about the second one from IRL friends ("as good as the first one but darker"). The Wolf Among Us is also quite well-reviewed, apparently fixing some things that were awkward in TWD, but I haven't played it yet.

I usually wait until the full season comes out and then goes on sale before dipping into these games. I just can't seem to stay engaged in them when they're fully episodic. So I'll do the same thing with Borderlands and Game of Thrones.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Bades
Initiate

Game of Thrones: Iron from Ice full trailer

Post by Bades »

Here's the full trailer for Game of Thrones: Iron From Ice. Not too much to get excited about for me personally and this feels like the first game from them where I'm noticing they should really update their engine. It may have to do with it not being as visually dark as the setting in TWD: Season 2 or the noir-esque setting of WAU. GoT's world here looks fairly generic and bland by comparison, although the same could be probably be argued for their previous games. Could just be me and I'm interested to see what you fellas think.

The story will still probably be pretty solid but again I find myself questioning how far these "repercussions" could really go considering that it's pretty much set-in-stone between the books/show (although I'm assuming this series is set strictly in the TV universe and may be adapting material from the books). As someone who read Fables I already knew that certain plot points in WAU could only end one way and some of the mystery was ruined. Still interested to see what they do with the universe.