October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Post by Sharecrow »

I beat Silent Hill! I had to put on my killer hat for that last boss. She was tough and I kind if screwed myself by saving there with only a tiny bit of life left. Good game, though, I liked it a lot.

I started Tales of Zestiria. I needed a good Tales game so I’m excited. On the October front I’ll be starting the much-more-frightening-than-Silent-Hill game Fatal Frame 2. I hope to beat it this time. My killer hat will be ready if needed.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I had been playing Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins digitally on Vita, but then I grabbed Goku Makaimura Kai off eBay. It's the JP only revision of Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins for PSP that includes a revised version of the game that strips away the RPG elements of the original and plays much more like a traditional GnG. As soon as I learned it existed, I knew I had to have it. While I like what they were going for with the base game, I think this definitely more my style. Going to try to clear this first, which I think will make a clear of the base game considerably easier. Really good so far!
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

First lap cleared in Goku Makaimura Kai. Onto the next!
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I started Fatal Frame II. It’s intense but I’m still early in it. Very haunting game. I hope to beat it this play through.

I hope it’s not as creepy as Fatal Frame. But part of me hopes it is!
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got to chapter 2 in Fatal Frame II. I’m doing pretty well this time though I know it’s early for me to say that.

I hope everyone had a good Halloween. Mine was pretty good all things considered. My goal is to knock out Fatal Frame II in between playing Black Flag and Tales of Zestiria.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Ended up playing Hollow Knight for the last week of October. A stretch to say it's a spooky game, but it's got a lot of creepy/dark aspects to it. Fantastic game.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 02 Nov 2020 07:27 Ended up playing Hollow Knight for the last week of October. A stretch to say it's a spooky game, but it's got a lot of creepy/dark aspects to it. Fantastic game.
Man, it is absolutely a spooky game, no stretch required! It was my Halloween/October plat last year. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’m up to chapter 4 in Fatal Frame 2. So I’m about a third through the game. I’m enjoying the heck out of it. Why doesn’t this girl run like she’s scared though??? Seriously...
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Bumping this as September is underway and we’re less than a month away from a great opportunity (or excuse) to play something creepy. Anyone have an ideas for what to play this year? Anyone going to read anything scary or watch any horror movies? Post your thoughts here.

I will be playing the new Tales game, maybe .hack 2, and hopefully Phantasy Star III by then but I’ll certainly make some time for creepiness. Not clear on what I’ll be doing this year yet. Ideas include the following in no particular order:

* Finally beat Resident Evil 7
* Blair Witch
* Platinum Layers of Fear 2

I’d also like to replay Dead Island and then play Dead Island: Riptide but that would take much more than a month....maybe late this winter I’ll do that...

Edit: Fatal Frame 2, which I did end up beating, was phenomenal.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

In 2019, I got platinum trophies in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (which Pluvius was offering to the community for free a couple days ago—if any of you has a PC and hasn't played the game, send him a PM) and Hollow Knight.

Then I took 2020 off... because of... the pandemic? laziness.

Now it's 2021 and I have an easy choice ahead of me: continue playing Hades, a game about slaying an infinite number of shades and monsters in hell.

So far I have streamed (on Twitch) every single time I played the game, so I haven't sneakily improved my abilities in private. I don't know if I'll keep that up all month, but it could be a fun way of keeping apprised of my October Gaming - Be Very Afraid progress.

:belmont:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming