October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Re: October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

I think I just found my Halloween game.

Dog of Dracula 2: Cyber Monogatari

http://gamejolt.com/games/other/dog-of-dracula-2/15131/

Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Well... maybe not. Already done with it ;)
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3433 times
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I vented in the chat a couple days ago about Siren starting you at checkpoints disarmed and, depending on the checkpoint, without any weapons near you but still plenty of enemies. You're pretty much helpless without weapons. I had a "hell yeah!!!!" moment last night when I came across a beer bottle before getting killed. I was suddenly a murdering bastard and ended up getting a kitchen knife from one of the infected I killed so I upgraded. And I finally got out of Episode 5!!! Woo-hoo! On to 6... I'm almost halfway through this now.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I've also now beaten Baby Felix: Halloween now too, so I'm now 2-0 up in my Halloween challenge.

It also wasn't too bad a game. Although it was a more standard platformer the six levels shook things up each time by doing something slightly different (in many ways reminding me of the diversity of Bio Miracle Bokkute Uppa).

Easy mode was indeed easy but I'll definitely play it through at least once more with the female character. Curiously, despite the Halloween title and vaguely Halloween centred plot only one of the six worlds was actually Halloween related, with the rest being totally unrelated stuff like dinosaurs and space stages!

Fun little title though.

Bubble Ghost is up next. I'm also going to pick another couple of games to add to my list. Currently thinking of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon on GBA and Dark Arms: Beast Busters on NGPC
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

I'll hopefully be playing a bit (hardly have time to play video games nowadays:() of Costume Quest 2, Fear Effect, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil: Revelations, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Manhunt 2, BioShock and The Cat Lady.

Err..well at least 2 of them.

pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

I'm thinking I'll join in, but be totally unoriginal and play a Castlevania game. Probably Order of Ecclesia. That was a lot of fun.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I've also added the (surprisingly faithful) GBC port of Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare to my Halloween Fest.

If I get through the remaining four games on my portable list then I've remembered I also have the original AitD trilogy on GoG to play.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Currently pondering to take on Clive Barker's Pancakes Undying. #NotYourPancakes
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I got a little further in the third night in Fatal Frame. I'm getting more adept with my camera. This game is frightening and engaging at the same time.

I also got to episode 7 in Siren: Blood Curse. I'm officially halfway through it. Riding in mine cars was fun. I also got my hands in a shotgun and sawed it at a workbench. That was extremely effective.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I started Lone Survivor on Vita last night. First let me say headphones are a MUST. I'm pleasantly surprised how tense and creepy it gets despite its graphical style, and that's HUGELY attributed to the sound design. I'm going to refrain from saying anything else about the game for now, but this is another example of a title I'd have never played on PS3.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.