October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Turai
Aspirant

Re: October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Post by Turai »

I don't do Halloween and I despise the toy/candy companies to forcing the stupid holiday to a country where it doesn't belong.

Need to get a new bat to chase away kids hell bent on trying to egg my windows like the swine they are when they don't get the candy they have imagined that I owe them.

I'm the Scrooge of Halloween and if any of those son of a cunts manages to egg my window I'll sue the shit out of their negligent parents.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I felt the same way up until about two years ago, Turai.

Okay, so I beat Siren: Blood Curse. It was okay. It's a decent zombie game and a decent October game. So I've taken down two, now, this month. I think I'll work on Ghosts 'N Goblins some. Am tempted to start Resident Evil 4, even this close to the end of October, but am kind of wanting to spend some time with an arcade classic. We'll see.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

I'm hoping to beat Dark Arms tomorrow.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it through Bubble ghost or not, Might try to beat Alone in the Dark GBC instead as I've heard it's short.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Man, Persona 3 has been making me forget every other game I've got! I think I'll at least play a little Splatterhouse tonight or something. I feel like I ought to. Should be fun.
You got BOOST power!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Yeah, I stalled out big time. Siren didn't resonate with me at all, which made the controls even less bearable. I did manage to beat Lone Survivor though, so partial success!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

With October and all of its glorious creepiness just around the corner, I wanted to see if anyone else here had some creepy games queued for play during October. This time, I'm going to take on the following:

Fatal Frame 2 - I sincerely hope it's not as bad as the first one
Alien Isolation (PS4) - my main unplayed option for PS4 and now is as good a time as any to go ahead and boot it
Fighting Fantasy: House of Hell (iOS) - I have yet to play any of the horror themed entries to this series so I figured it's time - I need to check one out and see what I think of it. This one is by Steve Jackson.

Does anyone else have any fun plans? Share them here!
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm going to be revisiting all my stalled attempts on PS4. Plans are:

- Resident Evil (REmake)
- Outlast
- Alien: Isolation

I have a vacation in October, so it's not likely I'll be able to do all of them, but I'm long overdue with all of these titles and it's time to put my big boy underwear on.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Egad, maybe I'll finally muster the courage to return to my play-throughs of Dead Space or Outlast! *shudder*
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I... had forgotten completely about owning Dead Space 1 and 2 on the PC. I just remember not continuing them because of fov issues. I will be breaking the F.E.A.R. franchise, though.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Perhaps, this year I shall purchase a Castlevania game. I don't have too many spooky games, and not too much time for gaming in general, but another option is giving Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon a replay.

Does the Plague Knight DLC in Shovel Knight count? He is quite evil and spooky :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons