October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Post by Sharecrow »

I got past the school in TLOU so that’s awesome. Am taking it slowly…savoring it, really. Am up to mission seven in Alien. And about two hours into Fatal Frame 3. Chipping away and having fun!

Also I preordered Plague Tale: Requiem. It remains to be seen if I’ll play it on day 1 or not (October 18th)…. It’s competing with TLOU.

Edit: Played more Alien last night and got to one of the coolest gameplay sequences in the game so far. Was amazing. A love song to the first film…
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I beat Alien: Isolation - only took me six years or so! :ninja:

I think I’ll keep playing it for now as I ponder completion.

Not much progress in TLOU or Fatal Frame 3 since I last posted.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

This has ended up being a very Alien October. I adore this game though and am having a blast. I hope I can platinum it.

Plague Tale 2 is pretty good but noticeably tougher than the first one. TLOU went to the back burner and I also haven’t booted Fatal Frame 3 for awhile. But I’ll get to them…I’ll get to them all :)
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I did get platinum in Alien :ninja: one of the BGE for realz

The other horror games I’m playing will be back burner games over the next few months (TLOU, Fatal Frame 3, and A Plague Tale: Requiem).
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Hi everyone! I’m posting early this year but had decided on what I’ll be playing in October (and September…and a little of August lol…). This year is primarily going to be Callisto Protocol. I really like its look and feel and want to dive in and see what I think of it. I’ll continue playing SotN too because it’s Dracula.

On PS4 I think I’ll try to beat RE2 but will hold off until I’m done with FF4. If I boot my PS3 I’ll keep working on Fatal Frame III. All great games and am looking forward to getting through one or two of them!

Anyone else have their sites set on a horror game this year? Watching any horror films or reading any horror? Post thoughts here!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Sharecrow wrote: 22 Aug 2023 01:58 Anyone else have their sites set on a horror game this year? Watching any horror films or reading any horror? Post thoughts here!
I think I'll work on at least one of Splatterhouse, Resident Evil 2, and/or Castlevania III this year. I never did get around to any horror gaming last year, so hoping not to make the same mistake this time!

Hope to see you've 100%'ed SotN by Halloween. :)
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote: 22 Aug 2023 01:58 Anyone else have their sites set on a horror game this year? Watching any horror films or reading any horror? Post thoughts here!
Oh! I picked up that Carrion game on PS5, where you play as the horrific monster and you're trying to escape from the research facility, brutally murdering humans along the way. I'll play that in October!

As for other media, I'm reading The Stand right now, but I'll definitely be done that by October. I intend to watch the more recent miniseries after I finish the book.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Just remembered that Haunted Houses (the 3D Haunted House sequel in the Atari 50 collection) would be a great candidate for this too. It's got (I think) a plurality of the game's trophies, and it looks pretty cute. I've only dabbled in it, but should fun to revisit if I ever hope to get the Atari 50 plat.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I actually played Haunted House for one of these years ago. It’s surprisingly creepy. Outstanding game.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Sharecrow wrote: 30 Aug 2023 18:51 I actually played Haunted House for one of these years ago. It’s surprisingly creepy. Outstanding game.
Yeah, I would definitely check out the original as well. Seems great.
You got BOOST power!