October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: October Gaming - Be Very Afraid

Post by Sharecrow »

I got platinum in Dead Island and, after a couple days, went ahead and loaded my main character into Riptide. Pretty fun so far...but I’m quite early in it. I also started Rondo of Blood since my save never made it onto the PS5 - that’s also a classic monster game so I think it goes well with October too.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Nice work! I'm still chugging through Hades. Person, it's a big game. Last year (was it last year...?! or the year before?! pandemic-time-inflation) I got the platinum in Hollow Knight, and that was a big game, but I'm nowhere close to even beating Hades, much less filling out all the various grindy trophies.

I did beat Thanatos by 15 kills or more the other day, which was one of the trophies I thought was going to be a big pain... so it's nice to know that's out of the way.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Hi everyone! It’s almost that time of the year! And it’s certainly time for planning for creepy game playing if not for starting it altogether. Let us know what you’re playing for October and keep us posted on progress.

Looks like I’ll be playing the remake of TLOU. My PS5 is limping along but still plays games so that’s where I’ll be focusing much of my attention. I may or may not buy the next Plague Tale, which comes out on October 17th. Not sure if I’ll get to it….depends on the level of engagement I end up getting with TLOU.

I’m not sure about doing a PS4 game too…if I do, I think it’ll be Fatal Frame 3 or replaying Layers of Fear 2.

That’s my plan!
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

It *is* almost that time, isn't it? I'm thinking about maybe streaming a full playthrough of Ghouls 'n Ghosts arcade version (since I've only ever played the Genesis version). May also stream MediEvil 2 (in addition or perhaps instead). Or, maybe this will be the year I finally grab Resident Evil 2. Will depend on my mood. We'll see!
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Fun fact - this is the tenth year of our having an October gaming thread.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Quick update - PS5 stopped turning on so it looks like I’ll be playing Fatal Frame III on PS3 for my first time and replaying Layers of Fear 2 on my PS4.

I may still buy Plague 2 just to have it ready for when I can replace the PS5….
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote: 08 Sep 2022 15:57 Fun fact - this is the tenth year of our having an October gaming thread.
Amazing!

I was trying to think of what I have on the go on PS for this year, but then I remembered I have access to the Steam Deck now as well.

For the duration of the October Gaming - Be Very Afraid 2022 event, my Steam Deck will be known as the SCREAM DECK.

:belmont:

I'll peruse my PC library.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’ve mostly been playing the new remake of TLOU. I’m taking it slow largely because I’ve been swamped at work. Love this game….

I am about half through my replay of Layers of Fear 2. Still liking it….not as good as the first one but still quite good. I also started Fatal Frame 3. Awesome so far but I’m super early in it. Fatal Frame games tend to be awesome though…

Finally I went ahead and downloaded Outlast 2 because I was listening to the soundtrack on vinyl yesterday. Made me want to try it again. Damn that game is so hard….
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I beat Layers of Fear 2. I think I’ll try to find the collectibles I missed and unlock the endings I missed….
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Layers of Fear 2 irritated me so I deleted it. Downloaded some more PS4 horror in Alien: Isolation and the terrifying Visage. Still chipping away at TLOU and FF3