Official Pokémon Discussion Thread

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Jordan

Re: Official Pokémon Disscussion Thread

Post by Jordan »

I'll be a monkey's Imperial uncle if King Kongming isn't the greatest new Pokemon.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

New Trailer!

I like the mid evolutions for the starters. Hopefully they don't show the final evolutions before the game comes out though. Always a nice surprise to see what your starter turns into.

This game is doing a lot of the things I've been wanting from Pokemon. I wanted something to do with the Pokemon I catch but don't use, and this Island Paradise thing seems to be along those lines.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Rowlet one reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6_bD4VNHvw
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Rip anyone wanting to speed run this game. The start is so slow. I enjoyed parts of it but the fact it took 40 minutes to start catching Pokemon has annoyed me as is one of the reasons I haven't picked up the game to play again.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Enhanced third version of Pokemon Sun/Moon may end up on Switch

This is why I am not bothering with Sun and Moon. I'll wait till the inevitable third release or/and Sinnoh remake and roll with that instead. If it's a Switch launch title, that will probably encourage me to get the package.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:Rip anyone wanting to speed run this game. The start is so slow. I enjoyed parts of it but the fact it took 40 minutes to start catching Pokemon has annoyed me as is one of the reasons I haven't picked up the game to play again.
I've only played X and Omega Ruby, but I felt like this game had the best intro so far. Story elements that were actually interesting, actual cut scenes. There was a bit too "stop and start" still, but better than I was expecting for a Pokemon game I guess.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. Battles are much quicker and overall there are a lot less unnecessary menu's to click through. One of the best changes is having the option to add a Pokemon to your party or send it to the box after you've caught it (while having a full party). I'm using a lot more Pokemon this time around because I can easily swap new ones in.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Pokemon Sun

Post by The Shoemaker »

I don't have that much experience with the series (only played X and Omega Ruby), but this one is the best by far.

Finally feels like a complete game. It's not held back by slow menu's, annoying HM's to traverse the world, or a bland story (That's not to say the story is anything spectacular so far, but simply serviceable, actually makes me want to progress further)

The trials you go through serve a similar purpose to gyms, but feel much more organic. Gyms were typically located in cities/towns and filled with an assortment of trainers, accompanied by some sort of simple puzzle. Trials feel organic to the environment, something you can almost stumble upon. It's a linear path to the trials, but it feels more like a search, less of a destination. And rather than a Gym leader at the end, you find a boss Pokemon at the end. The battles feel much more intense and offer a decent difficulty.

Like I said earlier I have been switching up my team a lot. In part so that I can use a lot of different Pokemon, but also to prevent myself from becoming too over leveled while I search for Pokemon. I'm constantly finding a new favorite Pokemon to use.

Pretty sure I'm just about finished clearing the second island (of four) and I'm 30 hours in with about 79 Pokemon in the dex.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've been hearing good things.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I haven't touched the game in about 10 days which really saddens me as I was so hyped for it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:I haven't touched the game in about 10 days which really saddens me as I was so hyped for it.
So you're still only about 1 hour in? :p If it helps, the tutorial is pretty much over after the first trial, after that cut scenes and dialogue is much more spread out.

Still really enjoying the game, much more than I thought I could like a Pokemon game. 50 hours in, I think I'm almost done with the third island. The trials on the third island are neat, sometimes you don't even realize you're in a trial until you're half way through it :lol: I finally found a ditto the other day so now I'm mass producing starter Pokemon and Eevee to trade online with.