Hearthstone

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Turai
Aspirant

Re: Hearthstone

Post by Turai »

You start with enough basic cards that even by limiting the use to only those cards, we can see plenty different decks.

Edit:

Here's a list of all the cards you start with once you've completed the tutorial (which you must do to play at all):
http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Free_card_list

Should give us at least a little bit of customization if we decide to make a tournament like that.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm KongWen#1923

I just beat the tutorial. I'll dabble in solo play mode a little bit tomorrow and see if I can get my feet under me.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

VictorViper wrote:I wouldn't feel overly bad about spending money on the game. It may be F2P but it's still a CCG. Just set your limits. I haven't spent anything yet, but if it continues to impress, I'll allow myself up to a full game's cost in purchases.
Setting a limit is a good idea, I think I've reached mine after playing quite a lot in the arena over the last couple of days. I have now unlocked a majority of the common cards, and it feels a bit dissatisfying to open the packs when I already have most of the cards.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I just defeated all the basic opponents to unlock all the classes and the expert mode opponents. I also got 100 gold out of it, which I spent on a pack!

My mage is level 9.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

You need to level any given class to 10 to get their full basic set, FYI. Almost there with your mage.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:You need to level any given class to 10 to get their full basic set, FYI. Almost there with your mage.
I guess at this point that means winning one more battle against an innkeeper AI.

I guess an OK goal to aim for is completing those basic sets by grinding each class to level 10 against AIs?
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:You need to level any given class to 10 to get their full basic set, FYI. Almost there with your mage.
I guess at this point that means winning one more battle against an innkeeper AI.

I guess an OK goal to aim for is completing those basic sets by grinding each class to level 10 against AIs?
That's what I ended up doing yesterday (while also grinding out the daily challenges). Ended up with about 400 coins for my efforts (100 for completion, plus a few other pops).
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

The ranked play has reset today, and that means that the "pro" players gotta fight their way back to the top. I've met players that have whipped a handful of legendary cards, and have decks that seem 100% optimized to work as a whole. It feels a bit unfair to be honest.. :cry:
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I was just about to beat a guy, when he pulled out two molten golems and Kel'Thuzad (he resurrects all minions on your team to full HP after every turn). He then played a minion that made a copy of Kel'Thuzad, so they would resurrect each other if one of them died. He also used a minion that gave Kel'Thuzard taunt, so I had to attack it..

Yeah.. I got owned the following turn..
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

The good old Handlock (I think that was what it was called) build.

I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I think the best way to beat those are either by having a swarm deck (tons of cheap low cost minions) or saving up your crowd control spells if you notice that the warlock is creature conservative and is drawing a lot of cards.