Hearthstone

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Re: Hearthstone

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

...and then he gave up. :twisted:
Attachments
Hearthstone_Screenshot_11.8.2014.18.44.00.png
Hearthstone_Screenshot_11.8.2014.18.44.00.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 458 times
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I really need to put the beat on the campaign. Wowzers.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't been paying attention to this thread, but I've given this game a try now. Not getting addicted to this game though, especially when it made me lose a game by crashing (saying I disconnected afterwards). Any tips for a beginner?
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Haven't been paying attention to this thread, but I've given this game a try now. Not getting addicted to this game though, especially when it made me lose a game by crashing (saying I disconnected afterwards). Any tips for a beginner?
Best tips are to play the Solo Mode beginner matches against each different character, so you can unlock them and start unlocking cards for them. This will give you an idea of how they each play, and also start giving you some options to customize your decks.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

There's no best choice character vs. character with starter sets? My Mage is at lvl. 4 now and I have Paladin, Rogue and Hunter unlocked. Unsuccesful against the Priest with Mage or Paladin (forgot what I had chosen). Do I have to pay attention to the quests? I just finished First Blood, but lost the game. The supposedly matching opponent had way stronger cards.

Oh, in case I get a hang of it: MerlinDrazz#2512
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:There's no best choice character vs. character with starter sets? My Mage is at lvl. 4 now and I have Paladin, Rogue and Hunter unlocked. Unsuccesful against the Priest with Mage or Paladin (forgot what I had chosen). Do I have to pay attention to the quests? I just finished First Blood, but lost the game. The supposedly matching opponent had way stronger cards.
The quests to start out are just running goals that you can chip away at. It seems like you do need to finish them in the same day, so if one of them is to play 3 matches, you can't play one today and then 2 tomorrow. But, you don't "miss" the quests, either. If you don't complete it, it'll just wait in your quests list until you do.

They're basically a way of trying to encourage you to play more games against online opponents, and a little way to get some free gold. You don't have to pay attention to them in and of themselves, per se, but you will eventually want to start paying attention to playing online opponents.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

Kong Wen wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:There's no best choice character vs. character with starter sets? My Mage is at lvl. 4 now and I have Paladin, Rogue and Hunter unlocked. Unsuccesful against the Priest with Mage or Paladin (forgot what I had chosen). Do I have to pay attention to the quests? I just finished First Blood, but lost the game. The supposedly matching opponent had way stronger cards.
The quests to start out are just running goals that you can chip away at. It seems like you do need to finish them in the same day, so if one of them is to play 3 matches, you can't play one today and then 2 tomorrow. But, you don't "miss" the quests, either. If you don't complete it, it'll just wait in your quests list until you do.

They're basically a way of trying to encourage you to play more games against online opponents, and a little way to get some free gold. You don't have to pay attention to them in and of themselves, per se, but you will eventually want to start paying attention to playing online opponents.
Actually, you don't have to do it in one day, my progress on quests was saved over a few months break.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Turai wrote:Actually, you don't have to do it in one day, my progress on quests was saved over a few months break.
Hmm, I wonder what I did wrong then. I had one of the early ones, play three matches, and I played a match against a rando (I won!), but the next day my progress bar was 0/3. Oh well, that's an easy one to get if you just sink a little time into it.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Currently I have 2 Quests:
  1. The Duelist - Play 3 games in Play mode
  2. Level Up - Get any class to level 10
The first one will have to wait, but the second one will be done in a few days with my Mage at lvl 7. Got 2 classes to unlock: Druid and Priest. Haven't succeeded yet, but I'll try different classes to see what works best against them.

By the way, I presume this game can be played against other OSses as well? And how do you add 'friends'?
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:And how do you add 'friends'?
All that is done through the Battle.Net client.