Majora's Mask

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Majora's Mask

Post by Kong Wen »

Nintendo announced via their Direct earlier today that The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is getting a 3D revamp for the 3DS, similar to the treatment given to Ocarina of Time a while back. Hurray!

What do you hope to see in this remake? Any lessons you hope they learned from the 3D remake of Ocarina?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Majora's Mask

Post by Kreegs »

I would like to see a save state feature, much like the VC games. I know this sounds like cheating, but the only thing I didn't like about MM was running out of time in a dungeon / getting lost and then having to reset everything and start over at the beginning of the day.

Adding 50 new masks would be alright too... ;-)
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've only played Majora's Mask on a GC collection disk. Didn't go far into it, as I wanted to finish Ocarina of Time first. That said, maybe it's about time I put some effort into finishing the latter. Probably will use a guide to get the most out of it in less time.
As for Majora, depends on how I like playing Ocarina again. Slightly interested into getting it.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The European special edition is cute:

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Probably will use a guide to get the most out of it in less time.
I feel like you'd get less out of it by using a guide, since you wouldn't get to do all the exploring and discovering that the Zelda games were made for. :neon:
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've started Ocarina of Time many times, only to get lost at where to go and what to do next. The guide will be used to keep track of where I am in the story and to check if I haven't forgotten anything. It's not that I won't explore on my own (the story sents you in the right direction), but after searching for that one key or that one item to get where I need to go for too long, I just look it up.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

One of those announcments I'm happy for not necessarily because this is something I really wanted, but it'll shut a lot of people up :p

I really enjoyed the game on the Wii VC, not sure if I'll double dip. Depends if they add in anything new/put in StreetPass. Pretty nice art work though, I wouldn't mind a 3DS theme like that.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

I haven't yet bothered with the Ocarina of Time remake, but this...

I wonder if it will have any New 3DS exclusive features to make me jealous.
link64
Beginner

Post by link64 »

I would like to see a another dungeon or two added.
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Had to happen sooner or later, with all those fan requests. Anyway, I hope this remake has some extra content like at least one new dungeon, some new masks exclusive to the 3DS version and maybe scrap the time limit for if you are in a dungeon. And maybe some extra side quests that rely on the 3 day limit, as that was what engrossed me in the game the most. Wish I was 11 again, sometimes. :lol:
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've seen at least a couple people talk about scrapping the time limit. I have to admit, I don't really understand that. That would be like getting excited for a Super Mario Bros. remake but hoping they remove all the jumping. The time limit is one of the core mechanics of the game, and part of what makes exploring so engaging.