The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Completion spoilers:
Spoiler
LMAO, Korok Seeds contribute to 72% of total completion! That Korok Mask can't come soon enough.
Spoiler
Right, but quests don't count towards completion. Neither do actually finishing shrines, just locating them on the map!
Yeah it's funny in that way, at least there's a quest counter so you can see when you've got them all, same with the photo book.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

True. I am spending a lot of time just riding around on the horse to make things appear on the map.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Played the DLC pack yesterday for a few hours. No major spoilers. I think it was worth it.

1. I found all the new items and armor. It is actually was quite easy to find everything, as they are put in your sidequest section. It guides you to a book at a particular stable or other location. This book gives you a clue as to the location of the chests.

2. The korok mask doesn't seem to help much. Or at least it doesn't track locations as closely as the item sensor. It just tells you when you are sort of in the right area.

3. The item that lets you create a fast travel location is very helpful.

4. The tracking of you progress on the map is the best. If you want, you can actually see your entire play like a story on the map. Interesting to see when you went, and where you haven't even set foot.

5. Trial of the Sword. This is probably the meatiest section. It is similar to the Eventide Island in the main game. It is hard. I got to about floor 12. I think the first person to beat it said it took around 4 hours. That is a long time to do this mode without and clothes!

Did anyone else pick this up? I think the Trial of the Sword will be almost impossible to beat. It is definitely frustrating without and save points!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:5. Trial of the Sword. This is probably the meatiest section. It is similar to the Eventide Island in the main game. It is hard. I got to about floor 12. I think the first person to beat it said it took around 4 hours. That is a long time to do this mode without and clothes!

Did anyone else pick this up? I think the Trial of the Sword will be almost impossible to beat. It is definitely frustrating without and save points!
Trial of the Sword almost sounds like roguelike mode, where you do have to rely on some measure of luck to actually get through it. I was thinking it sounded exactly like that island, which was cool, but I don't think I'd enjoy a whole 4-hour game section like that. We'll see!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kreegs wrote:5. Trial of the Sword. This is probably the meatiest section. It is similar to the Eventide Island in the main game. It is hard. I got to about floor 12. I think the first person to beat it said it took around 4 hours. That is a long time to do this mode without and clothes!

Trial of the Sword almost sounds like roguelike mode, where you do have to rely on some measure of luck to actually get through it. I was thinking it sounded exactly like that island, which was cool, but I don't think I'd enjoy a whole 4-hour game section like that. We'll see!
Not gonna lie, the length of the trial is a bit of a turnoff for me. I like a challenge, but not one that will take hours to beat, and that makes you start all the way back at the beginning every time you die. Also, apparently you don't have to do all 45 floors at once. Maybe I will give it another go.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I like that you have to find the new items. I went for the Korok mask first, so now as I'm exploring looking for the other items I can stumble on Koroks as I go. It's definitely helpful, though I wish the range was a bit wider.

Haven't tried the trial of the sword or Master mode yet, really just focused on finding all the koroks. The heroes path feature is good as it can direct you to to paths you haven't been down before. It's also neat watching it play from the beginning, I can almost remember my entire playthrough of the game as I watch it unfold!

Too bad there weren't more quests in the game like these DLC quests. They are smart because they use your past knowledge of the world to figure out where to go.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

My map progress over the last 200 hours!
Unfortunately I can get a full screen image of the map, but this is pretty close. I'd be interested to see other peoples maps!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The Shoemaker wrote:My map progress over the last 200 hours!
Unfortunately I can get a full screen image of the map, but this is pretty close. I'd be interested to see other peoples maps!
For comparison, my girlfriend played the game and all she has left to do is fight Ganon

But she has only collected a mere 25 Korok seeds, nothing on my 900.

Now that I have all the Koroks and Shrines, I'm almost at 100%. Just need to fill out the Hyrule compendium - missing about 20 pictures, but I can buy those. I'm only missing about 3 side quests, I may or may not try to look those up.

As for the DLC, I tried the Trial of the Sword a little bit. I must say, it's much more difficult than I thought. I figured it would be like a standard Cave of Trials from WW and TP, but it's much more than that. Each room is layed out in a thoughtful way, rather than just plopping down a bunch of enemies for you to fight. You need to gather resources, manage your inventory, and try to take out all the enemies before they can damage you.

I also tried Master mode for a few minutes, definitely harder. I feel like I'm ready to start a new playthrough, but maybe I should take a break for a while.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Finished the Trial of the Sword yesterday, definitely a good challenge. If it wasn't for the ancient arrows I found hidden in one of the levels I don't think I would have been able to do it. I can only imagine doing this in Master Mode :lol:
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote:Finished the Trial of the Sword yesterday, definitely a good challenge. If it wasn't for the ancient arrows I found hidden in one of the levels I don't think I would have been able to do it. I can only imagine doing this in Master Mode :lol:
Which one were they hidden in!?