The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Finished the Trial of the Sword yesterday, definitely a good challenge. If it wasn't for the ancient arrows I found hidden in one of the levels I don't think I would have been able to do it. I can only imagine doing this in Master Mode :lol:
Which one were they hidden in!?
Might have been two spots, but pretty sure one was
Spoiler
hidden in a chunk of ice you had to melt in one of the early snow rooms. Of course you need to also make sure you saved a fire weapon for that room.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I've been playing the game in Master Mode recently, I'm quite liking my second playthrough. Just completed the Zora beast (my first), next I think I'll head to the Rito. You do need to stay on your toes more in Master Mode, especially in the beginning when you're low on hearts and have no champion abilities to help you.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

One of my favourite YouTube channels, Binging with Babish, did a Breath of the Wild episode this week. :lol: It's a cooking show!

• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

New sidequest and gear set for Link to support the upcoming release of Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/7/16617 ... nsion-pass
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Cool armor! I wonder if it's an interesting side quest or another one of those "find the chests" kind of one.

Comes out November 9th, new amiibo come November 10th, and we still have no idea when the actual DLC will hit
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Nintendo has now said that the next DLC will launch sometime in December. A bit later than I had hoped, but honestly they probably needed to push it back to give other new games at least a few days to be in the spotlight.

I have also preordered the Urbosa amiibo. I probably want the other 3 at some point, but I couldnt justify spending that much at once just on amiibos.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Oh have they officially said December now?

I'm still eyeing the breath of the wild amiibo that have been restocked... wouldn't mind archer or rider Link...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I finished up the Champions Ballad DLC today. It's not what I expected when Nintendo originally pitched "story DLC", but I found it to be pretty enjoyable. It was actually a really good way of getting me to explore Hyrule again and remember why I loved this world so much.

With the next Zelda title I hope they make more quests like the ones they made for this DLC. This was a unique way of exploring the world, and I liked the individual trials, as basic as they were. The shrines were more interesting as well because they served a greater purpose and weren't just giving you spirit orbs.

Like the last DLC, this DLC is best if you're still playing the game. Or if you want a reason to go back and find all the shrines or a few more Korok seeds. I played the DLC on my master mode file so I did feel like it motivated me to explore the world just a bit more. But if you don't see yourself going back to the game, the DLC rewards won't be of much use. I still think it was fun just going back for the new shrines and dungeon though.

Also, on master mode some of the boss fights in the DLC were ridiculous. Took me a lot of tries, was fun though.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 19 Dec 2017 07:23 Like the last DLC, this DLC is best if you're still playing the game. Or if you want a reason to go back and find all the shrines or a few more Korok seeds. I played the DLC on my master mode file so I did feel like it motivated me to explore the world just a bit more. But if you don't see yourself going back to the game, the DLC rewards won't be of much use. I still think it was fun just going back for the new shrines and dungeon though.
This is good to know, so thanks for the tip. I had been considering waiting until after I finish with the game to get the DLC to add more meat, but it sounds like I should just slap them on and dive back in.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 19 Dec 2017 19:45
The Shoemaker wrote: 19 Dec 2017 07:23 Like the last DLC, this DLC is best if you're still playing the game. Or if you want a reason to go back and find all the shrines or a few more Korok seeds. I played the DLC on my master mode file so I did feel like it motivated me to explore the world just a bit more. But if you don't see yourself going back to the game, the DLC rewards won't be of much use. I still think it was fun just going back for the new shrines and dungeon though.
This is good to know, so thanks for the tip. I had been considering waiting until after I finish with the game to get the DLC to add more meat, but it sounds like I should just slap them on and dive back in.
Yeah definitely, you're in the best place to make this DLC the most worth while.