Mario Maker

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Mario Maker

Post by The Shoemaker »

evildevil97 wrote:I think the stage is about as perfect as I can get it now. I do wish I was able to make it so only one winged drybones was needed for that red coin, though. Bombs kept killing it, though. I originally wanted to keep a red coin by the powerup near the p-switches, even with the added firebars, but when I figured the drybone thing, it felt like a much better solution. And the freakout for the last coin is intentional. The checkpoint kind of ruins it a bit, but it was necessary for the stage to be somewhat forgiving.
A check point in the middle would have been really nice! Even if you had to use a warp pipe just to make an extra one.

The first bounce balloon thing might be a little high up, I jumped on it and hit the edge of the top screen and then fell to my death, instead of making a normal jump trajectory. Other than that the level was fun.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Got bored yesterday and threw together a speedrun airship level. Not perfect, but it's alright.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... -02A2-C566
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Post by PoisonRamune »

Mario Maker will be coming out for 3DS on December 2nd. Just an FYI in case you don't have a WiiU like me.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

PoisonRamune wrote:Mario Maker will be coming out for 3DS on December 2nd. Just an FYI in case you don't have a WiiU like me.
Can you play levels that people have made on the WiiU?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:
PoisonRamune wrote:Mario Maker will be coming out for 3DS on December 2nd. Just an FYI in case you don't have a WiiU like me.
Can you play levels that people have made on the WiiU?
Yes, but you can't search for levels. So you can only play a random assortment of Wii U levels, and presumably ones that don't support the Mystery Mushroom. You also cannot share 3DS levels online.

The sad thing is it looks to be a good package otherwise. They added a lot more intuitive tutorials to get you to understand level making, included 100 Nintendo made levels that are more substantial than the gimmick levels they put on Wii U, and offer multiple unique challenges to complete in each level. But for me, that's all moot when I can't share my levels.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

We're getting info about Super Mario Maker 2 now.

The original game was a brilliant concept, but doomed by its release on the Wii U. Putting it on a system that everyone has and enjoys like the Switch will be an absolute coup. There are going to be millions of terrible trash levels, and dozens of really good, well-designed ones. :lol: But it's going to be fun.

From Shoe in the chat:
New stuff: 4 player online multiplayer, co-op level building, night themes for levels that change physics, and of course lots of new level creation tools.

One real cool thing is for the new level themes. Like the original SMB didn't have a desert theme, so they made one specifically for this game, and got Koji Kondo to make new music in the style of the original game.

Similar examples for SMB3 and SMW.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'd say this is my most anticipated game of the year so far. So many possibilities!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 16 May 2019 14:46 I'd say this is my most anticipated game of the year so far. So many possibilities!
I think it's going to have much stronger legs under it than its predecessor, so it's important that Nintendo crams as many features into it as they can.

Lots of people are clamouring for a world map editor. That would be fun but it's not exactly essential for me.

Can you imagine if they included SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW stages in the game as editable templates? :o
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 16 May 2019 15:09
The Shoemaker wrote: 16 May 2019 14:46 I'd say this is my most anticipated game of the year so far. So many possibilities!
I think it's going to have much stronger legs under it than its predecessor, so it's important that Nintendo crams as many features into it as they can.

Lots of people are clamouring for a world map editor. That would be fun but it's not exactly essential for me.

Can you imagine if they included SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW stages in the game as editable templates? :o
World map editor would be neat, but yeah, not needed. I think few people would actually play through someone's entire "world".

My prediction for the game is that they'll add the SMB2 style. With 3D World, there's a space beside it for one more style. 3D World isn't compatible with the other styles, so my guess is that's how they'll get SMB2 to work, since the game functions differently from the others.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Y'all should play my Mario Maker 2 levels.

3SB-V6P-VDF
PWK-76J-3VG

Both are short, standard levels. Haven't been going for any gimmicks yet. Surely someone else on the forum has this game by now? Post some codes!
You got BOOST power!