Mario Maker

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
evildevil97
Adept

Re: Mario Maker

Post by evildevil97 »

I tried to avoid making that possible. I went through and increased the length of the vines to avoid it too. I didn't think it was possible. I may have to take a look and reupload it. Cheating is bad.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I beat it without cheating too!

I uploaded another one. I am really liking this Kamek thing! Trying to think of other really cool ways to use it. Thoughts?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just uploaded something that one can call a level. It contains a mix of designs I tried, has some "hidden" secrets and an odd ending that doesn't fit the rest of the design. Oh, and there are a few places you can get stuck ..
I named it Odd classic mix
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Just uploaded something that one can call a level. It contains a mix of designs I tried, has some "hidden" secrets and an odd ending that doesn't fit the rest of the design. Oh, and there are a few places you can get stuck ..
Yup. I got stuck. :-) hahaha
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Just uploaded something that one can call a level. It contains a mix of designs I tried, has some "hidden" secrets and an odd ending that doesn't fit the rest of the design. Oh, and there are a few places you can get stuck ..
Was fun! Didn't get stuck.

Tried your latest level Kreegs. Not bad, a little short though! Maybe it was because I got the propeller mushroom.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Yeah not many people use that Shoe! I meed to start making longer levels. Although there is something to be said about shorter levels, I still need some lenghthier ones. I reuploaded some of my older ones that tou gave feedback on; namely the mushroom one and the up or down one.

Did yoy like the toilet one? Haha
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Just uploaded two more courses. I think my latest ones are actually kind of interesting! Let me know what you think.

I also just had my first course deleted by Nintendo due to lack of popularity. It had zero starts. It deserved more.

I am now at 20 courses and I can't upload any more until I get more stars.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The new update went live today. I played a few levels, but I didn't make any new ones yet. The red coins are a good addition, as they encourage exploration. The keys held by bosses are cool, as they force you to defeat enemies instead of just taking hits and running by them.

What do you all think? Have you played it yet? Have you made a new level yet? I am 7 stars away from being able to upload more levels.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:The new update went live today. I played a few levels, but I didn't make any new ones yet. The red coins are a good addition, as they encourage exploration. The keys held by bosses are cool, as they force you to defeat enemies instead of just taking hits and running by them.

What do you all think? Have you played it yet? Have you made a new level yet? I am 7 stars away from being able to upload more levels.
It takes me days to create a level so I always need to wait for the proper time where I'm not doing all that much. I think the keys and coins are great, it's too bad it took them so long to add these features. I imagine these additions further enhance metroidvania stages, so I may give one of those a try eventually.

The coins work as a good optional objective as well. You can hide them throughout the level and put a key door near the end as a bonus. Of course that means if you're making the coins essential to your level you still need to make sure to "funnel" the player towards them.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

I started working on a collapsing bridge stage with heavy use of bobombs and skewers (with some pswitch avoidance added for good measure). The main quirk of this stage is that the five red coins are required to beat the stage. It's a WIP, but so far I added a checkpoint before a set of doors - one key door for the exit, and one normal that takes you back to the start. The normal door is there to allow you to get any red coins you missed. I'll be tinkering with the stage the next few days.