Retro Gaming Club

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Re: Retro Gaming Club

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

As it looks like there is a good level of interest then feel free to pool suggestions here for what the first game will be. I'll kick things off by suggesting:

Betrayal at Krondor PC/Mac

I picked it up on GoG recently where its available along with its sequel in a pack for the price of a handful of lollipops. It seems like an interesting RPG with storyline depth but also an interesting early attempt at navigating a three dimensional world that works fairly well.

It's fairly user friendly from what I can tell, certainly I managed a fair trek withuot having much clue what I was doing and didn't die. However it also seems like the kind of game that would be better explored as a group as it's fairly "open world" from what I can tell.

Anyway, this is just one suggestion. As I say, feel free to pool your own and we'll have an exciting vote or something to officially decide.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Earthbound

With it now being acessible legally worldwide now it's a perfect game and a much loved game and was 66th in the BGE 2012 and made the top 8 or top 16 in the original BGE. It's now on Wii U and I've been meaning to buy it and have a full playthrough. I played a rom of it ages ago and loved it but stopped due to hating playing it on my computer but really do think it would make a great game to start with.

I know it's very popular here and by looking at what consoles everyone has most people seem to have either a snes or a wii u.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:THIS IS SCREAMING EARTHBOUND RIGHT ABOUT NOW
I'm down to start with EarthBound.

I've never used Steam but I suppose I can learn. I don't mind playing off the VC either, whether it be Wii games or Wii U.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

My nomination is Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, because It's widely available (PC via Steam, PS3, Wii U, X360) and it has online multiplayer. It's also relatively short but highly replayable, and the gameplay is engaging and entertaining but easy to learn and get into.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:My nomination is Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, because It's widely available (PC via Steam, PS3, Wii U, X360) and it has online multiplayer. It's also relatively short but highly replayable, and the gameplay is engaging and entertaining but easy to learn and get into.
I like the look of this game so I support this nomination. It would be nice if we could get it on similar platforms so a lot of us could play online together.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:My nomination is Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, because It's widely available (PC via Steam, PS3, Wii U, X360) and it has online multiplayer. It's also relatively short but highly replayable, and the gameplay is engaging and entertaining but easy to learn and get into.
I like the look of this game so I support this nomination. It would be nice if we could get it on similar platforms so a lot of us could play online together.
It would work even if we had a few groups of us. We could probably get a good multiplayer game going on each platform with this group!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
It would work even if we had a few groups of us. We could probably get a good multiplayer game going on each platform with this group!
That's what i was thinking, a few on PC, a few on Wii U or PS3 or whatever. Not sure how the game works but we could even see which group makes the most progress!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Totally down with Mystara. Let us beat them all up!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

For some odd reason, I would like to nominate Litil Divil.
Grt. Merlin

Diebythesword

Post by Diebythesword »

I'm ready :shock: