Forum Testing & Suggestions

Includes Forum Rules, major announcements, and important community votes. Post bug reports, feedback, and suggestions.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Forum Testing & Suggestions

Post by The Shoemaker »

- I would like to see the pixel limit for avatars raised, 100x100 is pretty small (minor complaint)
- It would be nice to be able to attach, ahem, attachments (I'm sure this is in the works)
- Would it be possible to have the chat box always on the side of the screen wherever you go on the site? That would be convenient, with a little tab to minimize it or an option to turn it off.
- Any chance we can replace the "phpBB" logo? Not sure if you're waiting for the alliance with whatever site/culture we're joining.

Those are my "suggestions". Keep in mind that I consider all of these to be minor adjustments and I understand that the site is literally days old and most of these features are probably being worked on already :p Let me know if I can help with anything!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Re: Forum Testing & Suggestions (Image Uploads)

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Any chance to have the ablility to upload photo's to a foum post to save having to host them on an external site?
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:- I would like to see the pixel limit for avatars raised, 100x100 is pretty small (minor complaint)
- It would be nice to be able to attach, ahem, attachments (I'm sure this is in the works)
- Would it be possible to have the chat box always on the side of the screen wherever you go on the site? That would be convenient, with a little tab to minimize it or an option to turn it off.
- Any chance we can replace the "phpBB" logo? Not sure if you're waiting for the alliance with whatever site/culture we're joining.

Those are my "suggestions". Keep in mind that I consider all of these to be minor adjustments and I understand that the site is literally days old and most of these features are probably being worked on already :p Let me know if I can help with anything!
I'll look into attachments. It is a native option with phpBB, I've simply disabled it for now.

Unfortunately, the chat is embedded, so there's no way to make it float forum-wide, but you could always use the full-page chat (link is in the top-right, beside your logout link) in a separate tab or something. I know a couple of us are doing that.

A complete theme/colour/banner/logo package is on the way. That takes a little more design work and time to implement, and we didn't want to hold up the great migration while we waited for that. (PS: we're not allying with another site—we're going to run the the other site. :))
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Any way to delete our post's from the chat box?
Kong Wen wrote:we're not allying with another site—we're going to run the the other site.
What sort of focus is this site going to be?
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kawaiipikachu wrote:Any way to delete our post's from the chat box?
Kong Wen wrote:we're not allying with another site—we're going to run the the other site.
What sort of focus is this site going to be?
Permissions for the delete functionality for the chat are a little bit sketchy. The mods can delete, but if we give that functionality to everyone, it looks like they can delete anyone's posts, not just their own. I'll nose around in there a little bit more, but in general, it's a chat, so be careful what you say and/or correct yourself and/or clarify what you meant if you have to. :)

New site info is going to be a secret until we begin our launch/reveal. It's a game-related site. :)
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:The mods can delete, but if we give that functionality to everyone, it looks like they can delete anyone's posts, not just their own. I'll nose around in there a little bit more, but in general, it's a chat, so be careful what you say and/or correct yourself and/or clarify what you meant if you have to. :)
Well I guess I be careful on what I say untill you can figure out the Settings & what not for the time being.
Kong Wen wrote:New site info is going to be a secret until we begin our launch/reveal. It's a game-related site. :)
I guess it's a wait & See i guess, Im sure it be good.
"
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Seems like you only get 10 posts per page and can't change it. Would be nice to have it at 20 or have it customized.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:- I would like to see the pixel limit for avatars raised, 100x100 is pretty small (minor complaint)

I'll look into attachments. It is a native option with phpBB, I've simply disabled it for now.

Unfortunately, the chat is embedded, so there's no way to make it float forum-wide, but you could always use the full-page chat (link is in the top-right, beside your logout link) in a separate tab or something. I know a couple of us are doing that.

A complete theme/colour/banner/logo package is on the way. That takes a little more design work and time to implement, and we didn't want to hold up the great migration while we waited for that. (PS: we're not allying with another site—we're going to run the the other site. :))
Okay sounds good! I suppose taking over a site is better than partnering with one, don't need another vc-archive/WiiWare World fiasco. :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:Seems like you only get 10 posts per page and can't change it. Would be nice to have it at 20 or have it customized.
I'll look into this for sure! I thought it was in User CP options but I guess not.
Sinnthro

Post by Sinnthro »

Is there a "go to first new post" button for threads on this forum? I'm talking about an option like this from VC-Forums:
I like being able to go straight to new posts and not have to scroll through pages looking for the beginning of the new string of comments I want to read.