Forum Testing & Suggestions

Includes Forum Rules, major announcements, and important community votes. Post bug reports, feedback, and suggestions.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Forum Testing & Suggestions

Post by Kong Wen »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Is there a way to post polls here?
Yes.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Below the Save draft Preview Submit button you'll see an options and poll creation tab :)
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:
kawaiipikachu wrote:Back on the VC Forums we used to able to go the User Control Panel (User CP) & easily check there for threads with new replies or what not.
Say if 7 of the threads that I'm subscribed to has new replies & Can quickly & easily see.
Here all we really got is email notifications & I tend to find that a tad awkward & counter intuitive.
I wonder if something similar can be set up here or what not?
It's not 100% clear to me what you're trying to do. You can go to "Manage Subscriptions" in your User CP and see new posts in any of the threads you're subscribed to. You can also use the "View new" links at the top of the main page to see new posts across the whole forum.

Let me try to explain it a bit clearly.
Back on the VC-F had it there when you clicked the User CP link, one of the boxes showed up was called "New Subscribed Threads"
Any threads that showed up as having new replies since I last viewed it.
Yet if there are now new replies since I last visited them, they would not show up.

What You suggested is a bit different as it's more a tool to manage subscribed threads that to view new replies.
Sure threads with new replies lay at the top by appearance, yet as it shows all subscribed threads, not just threads with new replies so I can't quickly see new replies that I might want to see at a glance.

Hopefully that helps clarify what I mean.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:I'll look into attachments. It is a native option with phpBB, I've simply disabled it for now.
Are you meaning with the uploading of avatars? While I don't mind with the 10 KiB size limit, I wish there was a way to auto-correct the sizing, so it could successfully go through. Can't upload anything with the 3DS...
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

Hey I know when I load up the chat the first thing I do is go into the dev console and disable the 5px of padding on the mChatBG1 and mChatBG2 classes. Maybe that's a change you like and can make!
lol hello
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Forscyvus wrote:Hey I know when I load up the chat the first thing I do is go into the dev console and disable the 5px of padding on the mChatBG1 and mChatBG2 classes. Maybe that's a change you like and can make!
I'll first have to figure out what file that's in, and then I think I'll initially try bumping it down to 2-3px just to see how it looks. Want to post a screenshot of what it looks like when you disable?
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

Kong Wen wrote:
Forscyvus wrote:Hey I know when I load up the chat the first thing I do is go into the dev console and disable the 5px of padding on the mChatBG1 and mChatBG2 classes. Maybe that's a change you like and can make!
I'll first have to figure out what file that's in, and then I think I'll initially try bumping it down to 2-3px just to see how it looks. Want to post a screenshot of what it looks like when you disable?
Yeah this is what I see:

http://i.imgur.com/G4kwDKY.png

too wide to display inline
lol hello
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Could I ask a non-moderator to attempt to attach a large (>300KB) image to a post and tell me what happens?
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:Could I ask a non-moderator to attempt to attach a large (>300KB) image to a post and tell me what happens?
It error out on me with the message "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.".
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kawaiipikachu wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Could I ask a non-moderator to attempt to attach a large (>300KB) image to a post and tell me what happens?
It error out on me with the message "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.".
Excellent, thank you. I couldn't test the limits myself because apparently Admins can ignore that size limit.

My next step is to install a lightbox/gallery mod, which should take care of attachments and IMG-tagged pictures, and then expand attachment permissions to the rest of the forum.