Forum Testing & Suggestions

Includes Forum Rules, major announcements, and important community votes. Post bug reports, feedback, and suggestions.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Forum Testing & Suggestions

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:Of course I can edit out the other quotes, but it's a minor inconvenience :P Not sure if you guys are a fan of this method of quoting or not!
But we want everyone to do the extra work! :P (and GN also has the multi-quoting... I think).

On the old forum, the multi-quote was automatically added only on one-on-one situations (at my time at least).
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Multiquote

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Is there a way to edit the quoting feature so that it doesn't take all of the posts quoted but just the most recent one?
VictorViper wrote:A separate multi-quote button would be nice. Collated quotes can be handy, but they get unwieldy fast.

K-dubs, thoughts? Easy to do? Something perhaps simply handled differently here that we can do ourselves?
Nested quotes are super-handy for tracking discussions. I missed them big time on the old forum. They're less handy for one-off banter, of course.

There's an option to set the depth of quote nesting, including turning it off. I don't think it's a good idea to disable it, because that would reduce our options. If it's off and you want to quote a couple discussion strands back, you have to manually copy & paste a discussion together. By contrast, if you don't want quote depth, you can easily edit one layer out.

I could reduce the number of levels to 2. I think it might be 3 right now, but I think two is enough to give you whatever you're quoting plus the context behind what you're quoting.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Of course I can edit out the other quotes, but it's a minor inconvenience :P Not sure if you guys are a fan of this method of quoting or not!
But we want everyone to do the extra work! :P (and GN also has the multi-quoting... I think).
Yeah it bugs me that GN using the multiquoting as well :p
Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Is there a way to edit the quoting feature so that it doesn't take all of the posts quoted but just the most recent one?
VictorViper wrote:A separate multi-quote button would be nice. Collated quotes can be handy, but they get unwieldy fast.

K-dubs, thoughts? Easy to do? Something perhaps simply handled differently here that we can do ourselves?
Nested quotes are super-handy for tracking discussions. I missed them big time on the old forum. They're less handy for one-off banter, of course.

There's an option to set the depth of quote nesting, including turning it off. I don't think it's a good idea to disable it, because that would reduce our options. If it's off and you want to quote a couple discussion strands back, you have to manually copy & paste a discussion together. By contrast, if you don't want quote depth, you can easily edit one layer out.

I could reduce the number of levels to 2. I think it might be 3 right now, but I think two is enough to give you whatever you're quoting plus the context behind what you're quoting.
Yeah I wouldn't want to turn it off completely because I know it has its perks and other users enjoy it. I'm okay with it being reduced to two quotes just to trim down the fat, two should give enough context to understand a conversation as well.

I'm okay with sticking with three, the main thing that bugs me about it is that it's a little confusing to work around when you're actually making a post, especially when you're making a post that is quoting multiple different users like I am here.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Can we get indepth stats like this? I always liked looking at them.

Also lol at all the bot posts.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:Can we get indepth stats like this? I always liked looking at them.

Also lol at all the bot posts.
You get stats very similar to those if you click on a users name, shows what percentage of their posts went to a specific forum ect.

It's almost gross looking at the old forum, all the bots just make me think of bacteria leeching onto a dying body :cry:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:It's almost gross looking at the old forum, all the **** just make me think of bacteria leeching onto a dying body :cry:
Yeah, I don't even want to think about that place anymore...
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm pretty good with the stats we currently have available. I'd generally need a compelling functional reason to install a significant mod, and quite frankly, in-depth forum stats don't provide much value apart from looking and saying "ooh neat!" which people can use our threads for. ;)
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Can you set a favicon for the forum/site? Got a pink icon on my forum bookmark atm. (was blue before).
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Can you set a favicon for the forum/site? Got a pink icon on my forum bookmark atm. (was blue before).
I'm not sure I understand the question. The pink icon is the site & forum favicon.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Isn't there a TONe specific favicon yet? Easy to make (black background with yellow scare and characters) to replace the pink one.
Grt. Merlin