Club Nintendo Shutting down

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Jordan

Re: Club Nintendo Shutting down

Post by Jordan »

I never really bothered with it. I found most of the rewards to be pretty mediocre. I remember registering a few games and then never really making use of that.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just received my (probably) last 'reward' from Club Nintendo. After getting stars for a big title survey, I ordered the soundtrack from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The inlay features some arrangements one can try to play for themselves. I've still got a lot of surveys left, but won't bother with them unless there's something new and interesting getting in the star shop.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I redeemed Paper Mario Sticker Star, which I'm enjoying so far. I'd like to get enough coins to get Dillion's Rolling Western 2, but I'll need to make 200 more coins somehow.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

You can get Flipnote Studio 3D for free right now (at least in the U.S.). It's under your To-Do list.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote:You can get Flipnote Studio 3D for free right now (at least in the U.S.). It's under your To-Do list.
It's a neat little application, but for me, it loses the majority of its functionality by not letting you share your creations online.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just noticed that they put eShop games on the star catalogue (EU) .. time for some more boring surveys :)

There are 60+ games listed, ranging from 600 stars for DSiWare or a Wii U Panorama View movie to 7300 stars for Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! If you still got stars left, it's worth a look.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Just noticed that they put eShop games on the star catalogue (EU) .. time for some more boring surveys :)

There are 60+ games listed, ranging from 600 stars for DSiWare or a Wii U Panorama View movie to 7300 stars for Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! If you still got stars left, it's worth a look.
Good to see they finally gave you guys some games!

I'm sitting at 150 coins, Idealy I would like another 100-150 more coins to get one of the eShop games I never got, but I'm not sure how I'm going to make that happen.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:
I'm sitting at 150 coins, Idealy I would like another 100-150 more coins to get one of the eShop games I never got, but I'm not sure how I'm going to make that happen.
Go into your local games store wearing a large coat.
Seriously I know what you feel note having enough coins to pay for a decent farewell rewards.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Reports are saying that the partnership with DeNA for mobile games will also include the new service that will replace Club Nintendo.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kawaiipikachu wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
Go into your local games store wearing a large coat.
Seriously I know what you feel note having enough coins to pay for a decent farewell rewards.
Honestly on March 31st I might just do that. I mean why not? They expire the next day so it's not like potential buyers will be able to use those codes anyways :lol:

And yeah, Nintendo and DeNa are launching their new service in the fall, which will be a club Nintendo replacement as well as an interconnected framework for all their platforms.