Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 21 Mar 2018 13:26 The only game in this batch that I would consider picking up is Mark of the Ninja, because it's not on PS4... but then again, I already have it on X360 and Steam. :lol: Maybe I really should play it eventually.
Slurmee wrote: 21 Mar 2018 01:14 Reigns Kings and Queens (Spring) - What even is this?
It's a pretty cool narrative mobile game. You're basically presented with a sequence of binary decision points and you choose your answer by swiping right or left. You have four resource/reputation/support metres at the top of the screen, and each decision you make affects them in some way, which you won't really know until you try (but you can often infer from context). If any of the metres gets too high or too low, your current "character" dies, and you pick up right where they left off with another character. (You're basically playing out a succession of kings and queens in a lengthy dynasty.) Eventually you get far enough in the story (assuming you manage to juggle those metres long enough) that different stuff starts happening.

They're pretty stylish and well-written. Phone is the ideal platform for that one, for me. It's just so well-suited to playing for 20-50 seconds between doing other things on the go.
Yeah I’ll be picking games up on PS4 if possible. That game sounds interesting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So, Smash Direct this week.

I'm expecting them to detail a few of the different modes that are in the game. In the previous game, Smash Tour was a board game mode that sucked but ended with a great concept. A elimination battle where your stocks are characters. When you get KO'd you lose that character and then switch to your next character until your out of characters.

I think that would be a pretty sweet stand alone mode. At its simplest, choose 3 characters before a match, play until you have no characters left.

But also, I think Shrek will be a playable character.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Sad we're not getting a proper direct there's not much coming this half of the year other than smash. Still no release date for TWEWY either I'm worried it's delayed.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Only a Japanese release date was announced for TWEWY, so at least it’s somewhere.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 07 Aug 2018 04:19 Sad we're not getting a proper direct there's not much coming this half of the year other than smash. Still no release date for TWEWY either I'm worried it's delayed.
To be honest, a regular Direct wouldn't change that what we're getting this year is it :lol:
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote: 07 Aug 2018 15:13
Slurmee wrote: 07 Aug 2018 04:19 Sad we're not getting a proper direct there's not much coming this half of the year other than smash. Still no release date for TWEWY either I'm worried it's delayed.
To be honest, a regular Direct wouldn't change that what we're getting this year is it :lol:
Two weeks after Japan (October 12 in the west; September 27 for those guys)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

kitroplious wrote: 08 Aug 2018 01:22
The Shoemaker wrote: 07 Aug 2018 15:13
Two weeks after Japan (October 12 in the west; September 27 for those guys)
Pretty soon :)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Overview

Luigi's mansion 3 (2019) - I actually missed this as I got into the stream 2 minutes late actually a nice surprise never played the series though
Kirby Extra Epic Yarn (2019) - I've been wanting to play the Wii version for ages so this is perfect especially if it's cheap. Kinda dumb it's on 3ds and not switch though
Nintendo Switch Online - That makes it easy to say I won't buy online. Smartphone app still...
Town (Working Title) - Could be cool could be trash. It's game freak though.
The World Ends with You - So I was hyped to play this until I heard it's motion controlled and doesn't support pro controller. Instantly lost interest
Animal Crossing -YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BABY
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Lots of Final Fantasy coming to switch. Maybe I'll give FF X another try after not caring for it the first time!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 14 Sep 2018 03:09 Lots of Final Fantasy coming to switch. Maybe I'll give FF X another try after not caring for it the first time!
Get XII instead. It feels more open, and the battle system isn't traditional so it won't feel as "old" to you.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming