Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by The Shoemaker »

Ah see, my switch is always in sleep mode, so its connected to the internet daily.

Sony seems to know how to check in for people's PS+ status without being obtrusive about it. Not sure why Nintendo couldn't do the same thing.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Overally it included nothing (Literally nothing) I wanted however it had enough new and cool looking stuff that I still enjoyed the direct.

Super Mario Maker 2 - This seems way more like a 1.5 but considering I hadn't played it on Wii U I think it's going to be a fun game. Still don't think it's worth full price though

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - I really don't see the hype for this game. It wasn't my favorite 2d game. Also the art style isn't what I wanted not a deal breaker on anything but just looks weird for zelda. Also hoping this doesn't mean we won't get a new top down zelda.

Astral Chain - This looks really cool.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I think they sold me on this the characters look interesting and I like this type of gameplay

Boxboy! + Boxgirl! - Looks fun for $10~

Tetris 99 - I like free. I'm downloading this today and will be playing it on stream.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Looks interesting but will probably go into that I never get around to playing pile.

Mortal Kombat 11 - No my thing

Yoshi's Crafted World - Going to try the demo

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Free updates is cool I hope the DLC however is cheap

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY BLUE BALLED THEIR FANS

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice - It's cheaper on everything else

DAEMON X MACHINA - Going to try demo this will be a huge deciding factor on my purchase.

MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order - Not my thing

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition - This looks like Zelda BOTW idk if I like or dislike that but I'll keep an eye on this for sure.

Dragon Quest Builder 2 - Yet to finish one probably won't buy 2

Oninaki - Looks interesting need more details.

Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Nintendo's doing a great job of making the switch version the best version to play. I might buy this one day if it's in a bargin bin.

Disney TSUM TSUM Festival - WTF is a tsum tsum?

Rune Factory 4 Special - Those graphics eww I know it's a 3ds port but eww.

Rune Factory 5 - Need more details.

Deltarune - Still yet to play undertale LOL

Final Fantasy VII - This is meant to be one of the best FF games. I might wait for the remake though as this is just a port iirc.

Final Fantasy IX - Again I've heard good things about this + Releasing today is cool (It's $32 AUD for a PS1 game though so not really that cool)

Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! - LOL WHAT

Dead by Daylight - This looked graphically terrible like early PS3 quality.

Assassin's Creed III Remastered - I think this was considered one of the best of the series and including all DLC is awesome.

Unravel Two - Surprised this wasn't released last year it's a perfect game for the switch

GRID Autosport - Don't Care
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Super Mario Maker 2 looks to have 4 playable characters, I wonder if it will also be multiplayer?

Link's Awakening looks really pretty, I hope they add some new content to the game.

Astral Chain looks reeeeeeal dope.

Yoshi and Fire Emblem looking good (delay blows).

Didn't even cover three other big games this year: Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, and Pokemon. Will be interesting to see how those fit in, since Zelda is clearly a fall title, Pokemon will be November as usual. Luigi's Mansion makes sense for October. Summer seems a bit busy for animal crossing, so maybe September?
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Super Mario Maker 2 - Great to see this coming to the Switch! The inclusion of slopes is nice too.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - My favourite classic portable Zelda game in the series is getting a remake! Hope it’s done right.

Astral Chain - I liked PlatinumGames’ recent developments, so I’ll keep an eye on this.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Getting this for sure immediately.

Boxboy! + Boxgirl! - Disappointed, but not surprising this is not on physical cartridges.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Probably will get this down the road.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (DLC) - May get the DLC later.

DAEMON X MACHINA - Keeping an eye on this.

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition - I like most things from SQUARE ENIX so I’ll keep an eye on this (I’ll probably get it anyway because it’s a mainline RPG)

Final Fantasy VII - Probably will get this when it’s discounted.

Final Fantasy IX - Probably will get this when it’s discounted.

Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! - Probably will get this when it’s discounted.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

As feared, Fire Emblem was indeed delayed.

I do like what they showed though. It seems to be going in a more RPG direction; in the past I haven't been a fan of that approach. Here they seem like they've really thought it through, though, and I think it will work out better than Sacred Stones/Awakening/etc.

I am enormously excited for Fire Emblem and Rune Factory. It's been a long time since I touched my Switch, but this year looks like it will be better than last.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote: 14 Feb 2019 03:51 As feared, Fire Emblem was indeed delayed.

I do like what they showed though. It seems to be going in a more RPG direction; in the past I haven't been a fan of that approach. Here they seem like they've really thought it through, though, and I think it will work out better than Sacred Stones/Awakening/etc.

I am enormously excited for Fire Emblem and Rune Factory. It's been a long time since I touched my Switch, but this year looks like it will be better than last.
It's not clear what the central plot will be yet, but I think the school setting will work well for the character work and relationship systems they've been building up through the last couple games in a way that won't feel unnatural.

Seems like the different factions will be good for replayability, assuming the story is generally the same but you get exposure to different characters depending on the faction.

The delay is too bad, after Mario Maker in June I thought for sure they would say this was coming April/May, bit of a gap in releases until summer now.

Not interested in playing Rune Factory 4 again, but Rune Factor 5 is where I'm at.
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

It feels so weird to see a Mortal Kombat game in a Nintendo Direct.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I think if this wasn't a good Direct, what is a good Direct?

What other company does this every few months or so? They revealed a lot, and presumably they still have aces up their sleeve for E3. I imagine the next Direct is going to look pitiful in comparison, and will probably mostly feature progress reports of what we saw today. This was probably one of the best Nintendo Directs I've seen. I was anticipating only Fire Emblem news, Boxboy and some 2D Zelda based on pre-presentation rumors. They exceeded that quite a bit for me. I actually think Nintendo is going to have a good year in 2019 now.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Jordan wrote: 14 Feb 2019 10:48 I think if this wasn't a good Direct, what is a good Direct?

What other company does this every few months or so? They revealed a lot, and presumably they still have aces up their sleeve for E3. I imagine the next Direct is going to look pitiful in comparison, and will probably mostly feature progress reports of what we saw today. This was probably one of the best Nintendo Directs I've seen. I was anticipating only Fire Emblem news, Boxboy and some 2D Zelda based on pre-presentation rumors. They exceeded that quite a bit for me. I actually think Nintendo is going to have a good year in 2019 now.
THIS SO MUCH THIS. Today alone I got to play 2 demos and a Battle Royale tetris game while Captain Toad got new DLC and Final Fantasy IX was released. Edit: Plus I got a new Mario Maker, 2 new IPs in ONINAKI and Astral Chain.

Peoples main upsets are all pretty dumb on why it's a "bad direct"

1. No Animal Crossing 2019 or Luigi Mansion 3 news

This is literally people complaining about not getting a trailer about games that already got a 2019 release windows.

2. No Pikmin 3 or Prime Trilogy

Complaining about 2 ports not being announced. Edit: But we got Assassin's Creed and Link's Awakening.

3. No Pikmin 4

This is fair but one game make or breaking the direct seems dumb.

4. No Pokemon

They do their own thing Pokemon is rarely a direct thing

5. No Smash character reveal

Just shut up and enjoy the game
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

There weren't many games that interested me in this Direct. But it's a great Direct for what is was. We just got Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing announcements at the last Direct. Why would we expect them here? Seems more like E3 blowouts to me. And we got exactly what we needed for Smash. Vague news about new content, and a release window for Joker. Let him arrive before we get any new characters.

This Direct was enough to satisfy before E3, which is only four months away.