Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by The Shoemaker »

Since the Nintendo Directs seem to be a bi-monthly event, I don't think it's worth making a new thread for every single direct that comes out. I purpose we use this topic to talk about all future Nintendo Directs.

With that said, a new Nintendo Direct is airing today at 3pm PT I believe, so that should be two hours from now.

I expect we'll hear about the Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. DLC, get a Splatoon release date and hopefully some new info on Star Fox Wii U and Yoshi's Wolly World. I also hope we get a couple 3DS announcements as things are looking pretty baren after Xenoblade which releases this month.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
evildevil97
Adept

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by evildevil97 »

April 2015 direct. Random thoughts.

Mewtwo in two weeks or so. Lucas announced for Smash. Meh on the Mii costumes, but nice for what they are.

Interesting to see DK64 finally getting a rerelease, for Virtual Console.

Loving the little references in the Animal Crossing course in Mario Kart. Rocks spewing coins when hit, and Resetti instead of Monty Mole...

New amiibo outfits for Mario Kart! Yay! (I've gotten way too into this amiibo thing.)

Yarn Yoshi amiibos! Splatoon amiibos! Animal Crossing amiibo cards!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Surprising Direct, I can see it not being some people's cup of tea, but it had some nice surprises for me.

Lucas coming back to Smash is neat, more so is that the community gets to vote on the next character to join.

Did not expect 200cc to come to Mario Kart! Can we make this the new tournament standard? :D

Yarn Yoshi amiibo is adorable, me and my girlfriend are going to get all three, they're so cute.

Fire Emblem is interesting, and a bit confusing. There are two versions of the game coming out in Japan, with a third one appearing later. Apparently the story is split between the different games, but in NA/EU it's all either on one cart or as DLC..
What's more interesting is the style, I think this is the most Asian styled Fire Emblem we've seen so far. Not sure how much I like that since I liked how Fire Emblem tried to stay more neutral in their character appearances, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Super pumped about the new StreetPass games! I was just thinking it was about time some new ones came out.

So all in all, I feel like the direct weas better for those who are already heavily invested in Nintendo's current games, rather than those looking for new games. Surprised there wasn't any new announcements honestly, since 1st party wise 3DS still has absolutely nothing for the rest of the year after Xenoblade. E3 I suppose?
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'll go through my thoughts on everything one by one.

All the smash bros stuff looked cool but I don't own it so I didn't pay much attention. Wish they had mew instead of Mewtwo though.

Yoshi's Woolly World looks amazing and I think the first Amiibo I'm getting is that Yarn Yoshi one it's adorable. The scan it in to get a second playable character seems to be a good way at solving the I have no friends so can't complete the multiplayer levels.

Splatoon stuff wasn't overly exciting but the details were nice and I am looking forward to playing it.

Nintendo 64/Nintendo DS/Wii games on Wii U Virtual Console is nice. I may buy Pandora's Tower and I've never played the original paper mario before. Still think it sucks that you have to pay for the game again if you bought it on wii VC.

Box Boy looks like something I'd be keen in playing.

The fire emblem game looks really neat to and 2016 release date gives me time to play Awakening first. Is this fire emblem going to be like Pokemon with 2 seperate carts or do you choose your side ingame?

Mario Kart 8 looks fun I generally thought 200cc was an april fools joke though.

Everything else mentioned didn't really interest me.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I agree Slurm, very interesting way to make 2 player work during single player.

And in Japan Fire Emblem will be two carts, everywhere else I'm not too sure, but I doubt it.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

People with a PAL Wii U, watch out for DK64. It's the 50Hz version.

The Wii U runs in 60Hz, makes no sense to release such an inferior version of the game..
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Jelly wrote:People with a PAL Wii U, watch out for DK64. It's the 50Hz version.

The Wii U runs in 60Hz, makes no sense to release such an inferior version of the game..
Read it elsewhere and decided not to get DK64 just yet. As for Nintendo, they've released more PAL versions of VC games before where NTSC versions would be better. "It's what we (PAL owners) used to play and delivers the same experience." or something like that. If I want the same experience, I'll just connect my N64 and play the original DK64.
It wouldn't be so bad if they bothered to polish the graphics a bit, but that would be too much to ask.
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Overall, I think this was a pretty good update. Most excited about the Mario Kart stuff of course, but the 64 releases on the VC is good news too. Now its time to bring on the GC releases! Will it ever happen?!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Overall, I think this was a pretty good update. Most excited about the Mario Kart stuff of course, but the 64 releases on the VC is good news too. Now its time to bring on the GC releases! Will it ever happen?!
If it ever happens, will it be worth while? Nintendo seems to like hyping up the Virtual Console for a couple weeks then forgetting about it all together. We've gotten consistent NES games, some SNES games, GBA here and there, but have we even gotten a Wii game since the first announcement of them? They announced DS games a year ago and released one game in Japan/EU, and then took until now to release a couple more. Now we have N64 nearly two and a half years after the system launched, when the Wii launched with them (or at least close to).

If they ever launch Game Cube games, I really wonder how many we will get, especially considering the Wii U doesn't have too much time left. I just hope they future proofed the virtual console titles this time. Don't want to have to go to Wii U mode on the next system to have to play my old virtual console titles.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

New Direct coming November 12th for all regions!

I'd like a Fire Emblem Fates release date that isn't too far off.