Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 09 Mar 2018 01:34
The Shoemaker wrote: 09 Mar 2018 00:29 Slurm really hates ports :lol:
I'm just sad we have nothing new is coming (That interests me).

Right now my switch will collect dust (unless Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King goes on sale)

It just sucks I really regret buying it because it's just a glorified Wii U with PS4/PS3 ports.
I'm sure You'll get your money's worth over the next 5 years ;)
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 09 Mar 2018 02:21

Right now my switch will collect dust (unless Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King goes on sale)

It just sucks I really regret buying it because it's just a glorified Wii U with PS4/PS3 ports.
It's more so I could have bought the console around $200 AUD cheaper in say 2019/2020 instead of day one.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 09 Mar 2018 02:52
The Shoemaker wrote: 09 Mar 2018 02:21

It's more so I could have bought the console around $200 AUD cheaper in say 2019/2020 instead of day one.
Yeah one of the unfortunate parts of being an early adopter!
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

No wonder third-party support was questionable for Nintendo hardware...
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

kitroplious wrote: 09 Mar 2018 04:33
No wonder third-party support was questionable for Nintendo hardware...
The Switch needs a much better UI for me to start thinking about buying games on switch over PS4 especially with games being delayed and over priced.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

It's an interesting transitional time for Switch. They launched too early, with the console unfinished, so they have to keep momentum for the new projects they are working on while still putting stuff into the market and finishing the console.

It kind of makes sense that we'd get 1-2 port-heavy years to fill the gaps. But if they want to make people feel good about buying the console, I think they'll need to give us ports and UI updates this year. Better apps/firmware, better network infrastructure, and maybe a Virtual Console will make a second year of ports seem worth it. And they'll have a couple big games studded along the way.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 09 Mar 2018 14:25 It's an interesting transitional time for Switch. They launched too early, with the console unfinished, so they have to keep momentum for the new projects they are working on while still putting stuff into the market and finishing the console.

It kind of makes sense that we'd get 1-2 port-heavy years to fill the gaps. But if they want to make people feel good about buying the console, I think they'll need to give us ports and UI updates this year. Better apps/firmware, better network infrastructure, and maybe a Virtual Console will make a second year of ports seem worth it. And they'll have a couple big games studded along the way.
I feel like a system update that adds a bunch of features and virtual console would go a long way for them right now. Instead they're kind of making the Switch feel stagnant.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've watched the Direct yesterday and just as I thought .. something something You can spend Nintendo Gold Points on Switch eShop something something.

Nah, did see most of the game announcements but a lot didn't interest me.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

So the Nindies Showcase happened.

Mark of the Ninja Remastered (Fall 2018) - Never played the original and it's considered a fantastic game I may try it out
Fantasy Strike (Summer 2018) - Not my thing
Just Shapes and Beats (Summer 2018) - Interesting concept will wait for reviews
Garage (Spring 2018) - Not my thing
Pool Panic (2018) - Lol this look hilarious
Bomb Chicken (Summer) - This game looks adorable and so fun
Lumines Remasters (Spring) - I was planning on getting this on Vita so I might try it on PS4
Reigns Kings and Queens (Spring) - What even is this?
Light Fall (Spring) - This looks amazing
West of Loathing (Spring) - Not my thing
Pode (Spring) - This looks really cool.
The Messenger (Summer) - Lol 8 bit to 16 bit isn't that great they really hyped that up to much nonetheless looks fun.
Bad North (Summer) - Looks hard however interesting I'll wait for reviews.
Banner Saga 1-3 (Summer) - Not my thing

Overall I came out happier than any of the other nintendo directs this year.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The only game in this batch that I would consider picking up is Mark of the Ninja, because it's not on PS4... but then again, I already have it on X360 and Steam. :lol: Maybe I really should play it eventually.
Slurmee wrote: 21 Mar 2018 01:14 Reigns Kings and Queens (Spring) - What even is this?
It's a pretty cool narrative mobile game. You're basically presented with a sequence of binary decision points and you choose your answer by swiping right or left. You have four resource/reputation/support metres at the top of the screen, and each decision you make affects them in some way, which you won't really know until you try (but you can often infer from context). If any of the metres gets too high or too low, your current "character" dies, and you pick up right where they left off with another character. (You're basically playing out a succession of kings and queens in a lengthy dynasty.) Eventually you get far enough in the story (assuming you manage to juggle those metres long enough) that different stuff starts happening.

They're pretty stylish and well-written. Phone is the ideal platform for that one, for me. It's just so well-suited to playing for 20-50 seconds between doing other things on the go.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming