Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:Slurm, they showed about 30 seconds of new footage of Zelda U, technically speaking :lol:
Seemed like stuff we had already seen.
The Shoemaker wrote:Also, the folks who make the Mario and Luigi series don't work on Paper Mario, so that quality of the last Paper Mario game shouldn't affect this.
Thank god.
The Shoemaker wrote:Fire Emblem Fates comes out on February 19th in NA (my birthday). Bravely Default End Layer is a 2016 game.
EU and AU haven't a release date yet :(
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'd consider getting Twilight Princess HD for like $19.99.

I'll be getting the collector's edition of Fire Emblem.

I'll also be getting Pokémon Picross.

Dragon Quest VII and VIII are certain purchases as well, although I own both original versions... and I'd be tempted just to play through the originals when I continue Dragon Quest Quest.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Nintendo Direct happening today, focusing on summer 3DS and Wii U games, no talk about mobile or NX.

I'm not really expecting any new announcements, and considering they just had their little Pokemon announcement last week, I'm not expecting to hear anything about Sun and Moon. Not expecting Zelda U either, so overall I'm not expecting much of anything :lol:

Maybe we'll see what they've been doing with Federation Force since E3.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't watched the Direct, but I've picked up on one of the announcements: SNES games coming to nN3DS VC. Watching only that part of the Direct, I noticed that they announced US versions of the games. Seeing Super Metroid as one of the games that will be available soon, I got happy and sad at once. Happy as I always wanted the US version of the game and sad because I don't have a nN3DS and even if I did, I would have to buy it for a third time. Still good news if I ever end up getting a nN3DS.

Anyone else like this SNES on the go?
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Haven't watched the Direct, but I've picked up on one of the announcements: SNES games coming to nN3DS VC. Watching only that part of the Direct, I noticed that they announced US versions of the games. Seeing Super Metroid as one of the games that will be available soon, I got happy and sad at once. Happy as I always wanted the US version of the game and sad because I don't have a nN3DS and even if I did, I would have to buy it for a third time. Still good news if I ever end up getting a nN3DS.

Anyone else like this SNES on the go?
That's so awesome! Finally giving you guys the good versions. In Japan if you have a Nintendo Account you get 50% off the SNES games... So I'm hoping to see that here. I do love the idea of SNES games on the go, so I'll consider ALTTP, EarthBound and Super Metroid. But like you I'm not sure if I feel like triple dipping.

I was happy to see Monster Hunter Generations announced, will make for a great summer.

Not sure about Paper Mario Sticker Star 2/colour Splash.

Super Mario Maker and Splatoon updates are great, happy to see the Mario Vs. DK Amiibo game coming here.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:In Japan if you have a Nintendo Account you get 50% off the SNES games... So I'm hoping to see that here.
Don't think that will happen. But there is a 50% discount here on the second game if you buy both games of a release pair.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

There's another Nintendo Direct coming this Thursday, 1 September. It's exclusively 3DS focused (no NX news, no Wii U announcements).

Sounds like it'll mostly be software-related. I wish they'd announce a non-XL new 3DS for North America. I''m still very nonplussed by our upgrade options so far.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

This Direct is pretty uninteresting to me, but hopefully they surprise me with something I'll be excited about. I'll be watching regardless. Still insane how closely guarded they're keeping the NX. I think most people agree that's only hurting them at this point, but a friend of mine theorizes that they legitimately don't have a complete product to show yet. Certainly possible.
Kong Wen wrote: Sounds like it'll mostly be software-related. I wish they'd announce a non-XL new 3DS for North America. I''m still very nonplussed by our upgrade options so far.
There's this one. http://www.target.com/p/new-nintendo-3d ... A-51327765

There's also an Animal Crossing one.

Not sure if you're saying you don't particularly want either of those models, or if you're unaware that there's a non-XL option for NA at all, so just FYI.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm of the mind that it doesn't matter too much if they show it now or 3 months from release. If they come out of the gate with a strong announcement and heavy marketing afterwards, they don't need 6+ months advertise. With that said, they can't wait too much longer if they don't want everything to be leaked by the time they actually show it off.

Not expecting anything big for the Direct, probably some Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors DLC, as well as Dragon Quest and Pokémon stuff. Maybe a holiday price drop on Wii U or 3DS, but it's probably too early still (or too late, since price drops usually happen around now).
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yeah Clay, that one's OK if I could cover up (or peel off) the Mario detail on the outer shell. EDIT: Oh shit, I forgot the normal version does faceplates. Hmm. Hmm...!

We can discuss NX in the NX thread, but I agree with pretty much everyone who has anything reasonable to say about NX that being this cagey this close to launch is hurting them, especially given their marketing problems with the Wii U. They need to set the stage and establish right out of the gate what the value of this device is going to be in the middle of a very entrenched console cycle.