Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Spore »

Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 05:56 Huge FU to the Wii U community
I don't think the Wii U community was ever a thing even when the console was in its "prime" and whatever was there evaporated instantly last March. Anyway, good luck asking for discounts from Nintendo for owning physical games. They're really not the kind of company to help us out there.

Also Dark Souls came out slightly more than 6 years ago, not 9.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Spore wrote: 12 Jan 2018 06:23
I don't think the Wii U community was ever a thing even when the console was in its "prime" and whatever was there evaporated instantly last March. Anyway, good luck asking for discounts from Nintendo for owning physical games. They're really not the kind of company to help us out there.

Ah I read "The series began with the release of Demon's Souls for the PlayStation 3 in 2009." And just didn't see the Demon's part.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote: 12 Jan 2018 06:23

Yeah I honestly don't think there's much of a Wii U community left to give the middle finger to, especially for games like hyrule warriors, pokken and Donkey Kong.
Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 05:56
In regards to hyrule warriors, the actual middle finger was given years ago when the 3ds version was given exclusive content, which is all that's being added to this definitive version. I also personally don't think any of the new content here is worth getting worked up over.

And dark souls is hitting day and date with the other consoles ;)
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 05:56 Celeste - Looks really really hard also coming to PS4 though this doesn't seem like the type of game that would run better or worse on the Switch/PS4. We already knew it was coming this month.
PS4 version has trophies. That makes my decision.
Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 05:56 Dark Souls - This was the part where they were suppose to announce a AAA game in my mind so I was very disappointed when a 9 year old game was getting remastered if I wanted to play this I would have already sure it's fun to have on the go but seriously is not worth the final spotlight to me.
Dark Souls is a AAA game and one of the best overall video games of all time, so it's definitely deserving of a highlighted spot in the announcement. It would be like if a similarly legendary game that was formerly not available on a platform suddenly got a remaster and port, like... Super Mario Galaxy HD coming to PS4 & Steam or something like that. Old game, big news.

PS: I'm moving all these recent posts over to the Nintendo Direct thread since this isn't specifically console news.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 12 Jan 2018 14:22
Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 05:56 Celeste - Looks really really hard also coming to PS4 though this doesn't seem like the type of game that would run better or worse on the Switch/PS4. We already knew it was coming this month.
Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 05:56 Dark Souls - This was the part where they were suppose to announce a AAA game in my mind so I was very disappointed when a 9 year old game was getting remastered if I wanted to play this I would have already sure it's fun to have on the go but seriously is not worth the final spotlight to me.
Dark Souls is a AAA game and one of the best overall video games of all time, so it's definitely deserving of a highlighted spot in the announcement. It would be like if a similarly legendary game that was formerly not available on a platform suddenly got a remaster and port, like... Super Mario Galaxy HD coming to PS4 & Steam or something like that. Old game, big news.

PS: I'm moving all these recent posts over to the Nintendo Direct thread since this isn't specifically console news.
Oh Trophies that makes it easy.

It just doesn’t seem like such a big deal to me that it’s coming to Nintendo since we already got stuff like Skyrim, LA Noire, Doom.

I briefly looked for the Direct post and didn’t see it for some reason
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 15:01 It just doesn’t seem like such a big deal to me that it’s coming to Nintendo since we already got stuff like Skyrim, LA Noire, Doom.
It's not the mere fact that it's coming to Nintendo that makes it notable—it's the fact that it's an excellent game.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 12 Jan 2018 15:01
Kong Wen wrote: 12 Jan 2018 14:22

Oh Trophies that makes it easy.

It just doesn’t seem like such a big deal to me that it’s coming to Nintendo since we already got stuff like Skyrim, LA Noire, Doom.

I briefly looked for the Direct post and didn’t see it for some reason
All very different games!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by The Shoemaker »

A new Nintendo Direct was finally announced - coming tomorrow March 8th at 5pm ET.

Not too sure what to expect it's proximity to e3. The line up this year is quite barren when it comes to first party releases so I'm certainly expecting some announcements. Maybe they'll have June, July and August games?

We have no idea what's planned for the holiday, so it's a question of whether they wait for e3 or not.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

No online service talk from the way they worded the announcement.

A few new ports seems likely announced and released late Q3 or anytime Q4.

My guess is they’ll save Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Other decent sized IP title for E3.

Release dates for Mario Tennis and Hyrule Warrior 100%. Ys VIII might get one too.

All the pre E3 released titles (maybes excluding Kirby) will be mentioned.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 07 Mar 2018 15:58
My guess is they’ll save Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Other decent sized IP title for E3.
That all depends on when those games are planned to release. Any June or July game would definitely be announced.

Metroid and Pokemon I don't see showing up.