Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Probably just saying you can spent nintendo points on Switch eShop ...
Grt. Merlin

kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Slurmee wrote: 07 Mar 2018 15:58 No online service talk from the way they worded the announcement.
They might sneak a minute to talk about that.
Release dates for Mario Tennis and Hyrule Warrior 100%. Ys VIII might get one too.
Or Nippon Ichi Software America’s social media feeds/PR.
All the pre E3 released titles (maybes excluding Kirby) will be mentioned.
Kirby will probably be mentioned anyway just to remind players it’s out in the coming days.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 07 Mar 2018 17:38
Slurmee wrote: 07 Mar 2018 15:58
My guess is they’ll save Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Other decent sized IP title for E3.
That all depends on when those games are planned to release. Any June or July game would definitely be announced.

Metroid and Pokemon I don't see showing up.
None of the titles I mention would be announced and released with 4 months. Also June/July is the dead time of the year.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 07 Mar 2018 22:10
The Shoemaker wrote: 07 Mar 2018 17:38
Slurmee wrote: 07 Mar 2018 15:58
My guess is they’ll save Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Other decent sized IP title for E3.
That all depends on when those games are planned to release. Any June or July game would definitely be announced.

Metroid and Pokemon I don't see showing up.
None of the titles I mention would be announced and released with 4 months. Also June/July is the dead time of the year.
Nintendo usually has a May/June, so I'm still expecting something to show up there. And of course they had Splatoon 2 in July last year.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

A whole lot of ports + Smash (which also may be a port)

Warioware Gold July 27th - Would have been great on switch and something new.
Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers May 25th - Idk much about this franchise.
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey 2019 - 3ds getting games in 2019 is surprising also longest title ever?
Detective Pikachu - Was really hoping for a demo
Luigi's Mansion 2018 - Okay why isn't this coming to switch this is the perfect game for switch.
Kirby Star Allies - The new stuffs cool I guess I didn't like the demo though.
Okami HD Summer 2018 - Port
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido June 8th - Looks like a fun mobile game not a switch game
Octopath Traveler July 13th - Sooner than I thought but I'm on the fence about this game
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes 2018 Is this a port or a sequel?
Dark Souls: Remastered - Network test is a fantastic idea I'll be trying it for sure.
Mario Tennis Ace June 22 - Still not sold I feel like they should have talked about story mode. Pre-launch tournament could hook me though.
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker July 13th - Port
Undertale - It's on every console in the world now I guess.
Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy July 10 - Port
Little Nightmares Complete Edition May 18 - Port
South Park: The Fractured but Whole April 24th - Port
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition May 18 - Port
Arms Global Testpunch - I hope I remember to try this.
Splatoon 2 Stuff - I don't own Splatoon 2 so and making the new single player mode paid is a huge turn off. I already feel like the games just Splatoon 1.5 so why should I have to pay even more for the new content.
Super Smash Bros 2018 Smash 5 or Smash 4 remaster? Nonetheless could never get into fighting games.

Overall it's what I expected a whole lot of nothing. Sucks about no Metroid Prime Trilogy and Luigi's Mansion 3ds only is dumb.

Switch is really turning into a port machine because I think the simple fact of playing fun title anywhere sells enough and ports are so much easier to make.

Oh well Nintendo has no excuse to not have a good E3 now.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

No Fire Emblem.

Also, are WarioWare and Luigi's Mansion really not Switch games? WTF?!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurm really hates ports :lol: Also, the No More Heroes game isn't a port.

This Direct really appealed to me specifically, but I can definitely understand why other people wouldn't be into it - Not much on the new content front, still.

A lot of ports I was specially waiting to come to Switch, so that's awesome - Crash Trilogy, South Park, Undertale (@Slurm pretty sure this isn't on XBOX yet ;) ), Okami KD, all really great news. I didn't want to play these on PS4.

Splatoon 2
- Totally unexpected, looks like a really neat expansion for the game. Can't wait for new stages, music and playable Octolings.

Smash Bros - I was really hyped by the trailer, whether it's Smash 4 or 5. BOTW Link looks sexy. Definitely curious to see how the ink mechanic works for the inklings.

Mario Tennis - Went into the Direct kind of bummed that they wanted to focus on this game, but I was actually pretty impressed. I like the idea of all the mechanical changes they added. I'm still on the fence, demo should help. In regards to games already announced, I'm still interested in Octopath Traveler and No More Heroes

Luigi's Mansion
- I've accepted that Nintendo will continue to make cheap ports and remakes for the 3DS, so I'm fine with this. I'll look forward to playing it. Would have been 10x more exciting on Switch.

Mario and Luigi 3DS - Gotta be the most lol moment, what the hell is going to take them all the way into 2019 to release this? :lol: I didn't get the Superstar Saga remake, I likely won't get this.

Detective Pikachu is a maybe, looks hilarious.

This Direct definitely exceeded my expectations (which were quite low). Missing in action are Fire Emblem, Wolfensttein II, Dragon Quest Heroes 1 + 2, Dragon Quest XI, Yoshi. This really only solidified even more that 2018 is a year of ports for Switch - luckily for me it's ports of games I was waiting for. Still not too much happening until June though.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote: 09 Mar 2018 00:12 No Fire Emblem.

I know, big mistake there...

At least Captain Toad is here, but of all the ports where is The Wonderful 101, Super Mario Maker, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, or Paper Mario from the GameCube?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote: 09 Mar 2018 00:44
Kong Wen wrote: 09 Mar 2018 00:12 No Fire Emblem.

I know, big mistake there...

At least Captain Toad is here, but of all the ports where is The Wonderful 101, Super Mario Maker, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, or Paper Mario from the GameCube?
Slow down! The last thing we need are more ports :lol:
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 09 Mar 2018 00:29 Slurm really hates ports :lol:
I'm just sad we have nothing new is coming (That interests me).

Right now my switch will collect dust (unless Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King goes on sale)

It just sucks I really regret buying it because it's just a glorified Wii U with PS4/PS3 ports.