Yooka-Laylee

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Yooka-Laylee

Post by SkyPikachu »

Omg yay a box! How do we go about getting the box?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:Omg yay a box! How do we go about getting the box?
I imagine we'll find out more when they set a date! Still Q1 2017 I believe.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So the game has a release date of April... but it's also now canceled on Wii U due to technical difficulties.

Playtonic said they are working on a Nintendo Switch version, but from the way they are talking I don't see this version being available when the game launches. I would really like to play it on Switch, but I'd also really like to play it when it launches... decisions, decisions.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:So the game has a release date of April... but it's also now canceled on Wii U due to technical difficulties.

Playtonic said they are working on a Nintendo Switch version, but from the way they are talking I don't see this version being available when the game launches. I would really like to play it on Switch, but I'd also really like to play it when it launches... decisions, decisions.
Play it when it launches! The Switch version isn't going to be any different.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:So the game has a release date of April... but it's also now canceled on Wii U due to technical difficulties.

Play it when it launches! The Switch version isn't going to be any different.
But it will be portable!

If Switch goes past the release date by a few months, I imagine I'll grab the PS4 version.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Excited for this. Would love if they added some visual bells and whistles for PS4 Pro owners, but I don't really expect they will. We'll see. Regardless, this game seems to be progressing nicely. I'll be over the moon if it can recapture even half of the charm and fun of Banjo-Kazooie.
The Shoemaker wrote:Playtonic announced that there will be a physical retail version of the game when in launches in Q1 2017. They also said backers should be able to switch from a digital copy to a physical copy if they so choose. I'll definitely take the box! :D
Would've been nice if Comcept had done this with MN9. It was originally gonna be digital only, but backers could pay a little extra to get a box to line their shelves nevertheless. Much later in development, a physical version was confirmed. The aforementioned decorative box was either canceled or simply never sent to me (attempts at communicating with Comcept yielded no response), and they never gave decorative box backers the chance to switch to a physical copy. Ugh.

Excited for the physical release of Yooka, though! Will definitely be getting it if it's as fun as it looks.
You got BOOST power!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just read a tweet that this game will be released for Switch on december 14th.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 28 Nov 2017 17:49 Just read a tweet that this game will be released for Switch on december 14th.
They're saying it will be the most optimized version of the game as well.

I had my run with the game though, won't be picking it up again.