Splatoon

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Splatoon

Post by SkyPikachu »

Upcoming Events

August 6th - Big Update

In August though if we can find 8 regulars we can set up 4v4 a private match hopefully they allowed 2v2 and 3v3 as well but nothing was mentioned about it.

As Kong does with Mario Kart I'll keep a list of people who own the game and there gamertag below.

TONe Name - Nintendo ID
Slurmee - Slurmee
The Shoemaker - EscapeTheFate
Last edited by SkyPikachu on 27 Jul 2015 14:08, edited 9 times in total.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Splatoon

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've read about it, but I was hoping for an offline demo. Don't know if I'll give it a try tomorrow, but it would probably be in the 3rd period. The 2nd period is badly timed for me and the 1st is too soon.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'll probably try the third period if anything, though I doubt they'll have friend match making put together for it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I pre-ordered this game after the first demo.

Really enjoyed it and I liked how killing didn't seem to be the only way to win.

I seemed to be best at playing as a roller. I tried the sniper weapon and didn't get many kills and also couldn't ink enough of the map to help my team so i felt helpless.

My team won most of the time (Cos I'm like uber pr0 mlg /s)

I lost by .1% and run out of ink with the roller and ended up getting stuck in enemy ink if I had just turned into a squid and charged my ink up a little I would have gotten the last bit and my team would have won so I felt real bad about that.

Can't wait for the next demo.

Edit After 2nd playthrough: I played with the Roller for the first 20 minutes and hated how often I died so decided to try out the Splatter Shot Jr. I did a lot better with this weapon. I found it so so so easily to kill the rollers with it. I was getting twice as many kills and still getting the same amount of turf cover as when I was with the roller. I died a lot less to. I liked the special weapons a lot more too the bubbler was great.

When the game launches though you'll be able to customize your load out so you can make it as good or a bad as you want. I think I scored 1k+ points 4 out of 5 times when my team won where as with the roller I was getting mostly 900's could possibly be due to getting better at the game though. Also my K/D ratio was so much better on the Splatter Shot Jr.

The next games at 5am so I'll pass on that.

Anyone else thinking of picking this up we could have comps like in Mario Kart. You get 10% off if you download the demo and purchase from the eshop btw. ($80 in Australia on eshop -10% = $72 and I can purchase the disc online for $50 bit of a joke)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

First demo time ended up being too late for me, will try to play today. I'm definitely going to pick it up though, looks fun for sure. Wouldn't mind having get togethers here if enough people get into it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Played one game in the 3rd period, but didn't try again after that. Too chaotic for me, though it looked fun. This demo did not persuade me into getting the full game.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Played one game in the 3rd period, but didn't try again after that. Too chaotic for me, though it looked fun. This demo did not persuade me into getting the full game.
Oh man you gotta play more than one game to get the hang of it the controls have a bit of a learning curve I hate hectic games too but after a few games everything starts to become natural and less hectic and more fun. Really wish you gave it more than one go plus you may have been using a weapon that didn't work to well for you.

Nonetheless you still may of not liked it even after that.

What weapon did you use and what map were you on? (Warehouse which was pretty open and had each team starting from opposite ends or salt spray rig which had narrow paths and had both teams start on one side of the map in different corners and fight for the middle and top ground?)
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Slurmee wrote:What weapon did you use and what map were you on? (Warehouse which was pretty open and had each team starting from opposite ends or salt spray rig which had narrow paths and had both teams start on one side of the map in different corners and fight for the middle and top ground?)
I used the jr. weapon that was in the tutorial, so were 2 others from my team. The other team seemed more experienced and quickly splashed most of the areas (2 rollers and a sniper). The map had a somewhat cross form layout, as far as I can recall as I only saw it at the end (didn't look at gamepad during play). From the tutorial I already found the controls not intuitive enough, only the basic (walk, turn, shoot) worked for me. Maybe if it could be played with Wiimote Plus and Nunchuck, it would be better.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:
Slurmee wrote:What weapon did you use and what map were you on? (Warehouse which was pretty open and had each team starting from opposite ends or salt spray rig which had narrow paths and had both teams start on one side of the map in different corners and fight for the middle and top ground?)
I used the jr. weapon that was in the tutorial, so were 2 others from my team. The other team seemed more experienced and quickly splashed most of the areas (2 rollers and a sniper). The map had a somewhat cross form layout, as far as I can recall as I only saw it at the end (didn't look at gamepad during play). From the tutorial I already found the controls not intuitive enough, only the basic (walk, turn, shoot) worked for me. Maybe if it could be played with Wiimote Plus and Nunchuck, it would be better.
I hated the controls at first but after a while it just came natural. Also you could turn off the gyroscope and use the right analog stick for everything.

I do wish there was a non gamepad option though. Even if they made it harder to super jump and launch the missles.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I updated the top post to remove all the demo stuff as it's all useless now and added some key things.
  • The Nintendo Direct Video (NA)
  • Nintendo Treehouse Live Demo
  • Upcoming Event Dates (Note that NA and Europe have different Splatfest days)
  • Users with the game NNID
I don't know how popular this will be but I'll try keep the top post as up to date as possible with details.