Splatoon

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Re: Splatoon

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Kreegs wrote:I just got to Splatfest King!
I managed to get to the top rank just a few minutes myself, just as I'm using the Girl avatar I end up being called the Dancing Queen.
Oh well hopefully My team wins by tomorrow.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Would anybody like to get together to play again sometime soon? Do weekends work better for everyone?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote:Would anybody like to get together to play again sometime soon? Do weekends work better for everyone?
I could probably play tonight or tomorrow.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm liking the latest gun, the Mini Splatling. The main thing is that it's incredibly quick to charge up, and you have much better movement with it. It has less range obviously, but the range is just higher than the slosher, .52 Gal and N-zap, while just below the splattershot Pro and .96 Gal. Not sure if there are any other weapons with the exact range it has. The quick charge for firing makes it much better for Turf War, and it's not bad in ranked either since it kills fast. Just takes some time getting used to aiming with it.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote:I'm liking the latest gun, the Mini Splatling. The main thing is that it's incredibly quick to charge up, and you have much better movement with it. It has less range obviously, but the range is just higher than the slosher, .52 Gal and N-zap, while just below the splattershot Pro and .96 Gal. Not sure if there are any other weapons with the exact range it has. The quick charge for firing makes it much better for Turf War, and it's not bad in ranked either since it kills fast. Just takes some time getting used to aiming with it.
You have such in-depth reviews for these. I will be a roller forever I think. Could be good or bad...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:I'm liking the latest gun, the Mini Splatling. The main thing is that it's incredibly quick to charge up, and you have much better movement with it. It has less range obviously, but the range is just higher than the slosher, .52 Gal and N-zap, while just below the splattershot Pro and .96 Gal. Not sure if there are any other weapons with the exact range it has. The quick charge for firing makes it much better for Turf War, and it's not bad in ranked either since it kills fast. Just takes some time getting used to aiming with it.
You have such in-depth reviews for these. I will be a roller forever I think. Could be good or bad...
At least finish Story mode before devoting the rest of your life towards the Krak of Splat roller :p After the third boss you get the aerospray which is the single best weapon for laying paint quickly (not saying it's the best for Turf War, but it's quite good). And of course the Dyanmo Roller, which dominates ranked due to its sheer killing power.

I've been trying out the blasters a bit for Ranked. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try anything but Rainmaker though. My favourites are the Custom Blaster and Luna Blaster. The custom has medium range, standard blast radius, and a bubble for portection. It works well and the range can give you the advantage over Luna Blasters. Luna Blasters themselves have shorter range, but with a larger blast radius and slightly quicker rate of fire, with Inkzooka and Ink mines. I think I like the Luna better. Though range is nice, it almost hinders you on a blaster. It you're approaching someone up close, you either have to hit the person dead on for a 1-hit kill, or you'll shoot too far past them and the blast radius won't hit. With the Luna you'll always be in range up close, and the quicker rate of fire will help if you miss. I also thinks it's easier to get closer to someone than to get farther from them.

I imagine it will be really good in tower control for quickly taking enemies off the tower.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

New Splatfest announced for NA. Who will you be siding with, Art or Science???

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... nd_science
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:New Splatfest announced for NA. Who will you be siding with, Art or Science???

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... nd_science
Decisions decisions! Everyone has a little bit of art and a little bit of science to them.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Anyone want to Splat with me tonight on the new level before Splatfest starts?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Anyone want to Splat with me tonight on the new level before Splatfest starts?
Sorry wasn't available! I tried the new map the other day though, it was kind of neat, combination of Port Mackeral and Kelp Dome.

I picked Art by the way.