E3 Mega Thread 2015

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: E3 Mega Thread

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:
Pluvius wrote:I just fucking bought Dishonored today. Really, really hating this trend of re-releasing games that are only a year or two old.
I can only think awful thoughts about this FF7 remake. I'm sure I'll end up trying it, but I just feel like there's simply no way in which it could be good.
Why is that, are they changing the gameplay or something?
The original story/plot are awful, and Square has only shown that they can make things that much more awful with what they've done with FF7 in the ensuing time (Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, etc.). If the gameplay remains intact, it could be a redeeming feature. Add the fact that this could turn out to be a massive fanboy wankfest, I'm just not excited about it. Maybe it'll impress me. We'll see, I guess.
The Shoemaker wrote:Also, for us Canadians, Amazon Canada is having a deal where if you pre-order 3 or more games (including those announced at E3) you get 30% on each game, similar to Best Buy's deal last year. You'll need to input a code at the checkout, should be listed on Amazon's site. I'll definitely be taking advantage of this after Nintendo's presentation! (30% off Mario Maker anyone?)
Thanks for the tip! I've taken advantage of the Best Buy one for the past couple of years (in fact I still have active pre-orders for a few games from last year's deal that simply haven't released/shipped yet). I can see ordering Destiny: The Taken King, Mario Maker, and maybe... something else? Maybe that damn Final Fantasy game.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

FFVII is pretty obviously a money-grab but it may still be worth playing. I may check it out but it'll be a while since I haven't beaten the original VII (or V or VI for that matter). I'd be more interested in a reboot of a really old one and giving a 3D immersive environment. Like FFII or DW3, for example. But that's just me. Probably not an adequate market for that type of thing for them to pursue it.

Last Guardian is a no brainer for me as Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are among my favorite games and were perfectly executed. I'd thought the delays may have irritated me enough that I'd pass on it but, no, I'm certainly still on board.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

No Man's Sky is going to ruin my life.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

VictorViper wrote:No Man's Sky is going to ruin my life.
Oh yikes that does seem terrifying. I don't think I'll let myself go there.... Yikes!
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Sharecrow wrote:
Oh yikes that does seem terrifying. I don't think I'll let myself go there.... Yikes!
I haven't watched anything about this yet but Wikipedia says that there's approximately 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 planet possibilities. That's nothing short of insane. Oh my...how can one be thorough when faced with that? We're mortal for crying out loud.
link64
Beginner

Post by link64 »

Kong Wen wrote: The original story/plot are awful, and Square has only shown that they can make things that much more awful with what they've done with FF7 in the ensuing time (Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, etc.). If the gameplay remains intact, it could be a redeeming feature. Add the fact that this could turn out to be a massive fanboy wankfest, I'm just not excited about it. Maybe it'll impress me. We'll see, I guess
If they keep the gameplay the same can they at least shorten the attack animations, I swear the summons in FF6 take less time than FF7's normal attacks.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Sharecrow wrote:
Sharecrow wrote:
I haven't watched anything about this yet but Wikipedia says that there's approximately 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 planet possibilities. That's nothing short of insane. Oh my...how can one be thorough when faced with that? We're mortal for crying out loud.
Doesn't that totally intrigue you? Not only is it impossible to see the whole game, but it's technically impossible for every player of the game combined to see everything. I'm so sold on this title it isn't funny.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:Doesn't that totally intrigue you? Not only is it impossible to see the whole game, but it's technically impossible for every player of the game combined to see everything. I'm so sold on this title it isn't funny.
Yeah, it's going to be awesome!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:Doesn't that totally intrigue you? Not only is it impossible to see the whole game, but it's technically impossible for every player of the game combined to see everything. I'm so sold on this title it isn't funny.
Yeah, it's going to be awesome!
I did some quick and dirty math. With 7B people in the world (if we assume everyone has the game which is beyond ridiculous), each person would have to visit more than $2.5B planets. With average mortality being just over 67 years, and people only being awake 2/3rds of the time, everyone would have to visit nearly 100 planets per hour every day of their entire natural life, which again is completely ridiculous.

To put it another way, if we say there's about 8M PS4s out there, and the life expectancy in the west is more like 80, and kids don't really start playing until they're three in my experience, every game would be responsible for more than 62k planets per waking hour for their whole life. Or 17 per second.

It may sound like I'm being negative but I'm not. Wow. That's mind boggling. It may be worth noting that's somehow bigger than our actual galaxy, which I believe we estimate only has 50B planets or so. This is a good 360,000,000 times bigger.
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Re: E3 Mega Thread 2015

Post by TheGreatNads »

One of the things that disappointed me in No Man's Sky, and I saw Spore post the same thing, is that in the underwater sections, it's just fish. That's not very alien. That's despite the fact that there's tons of strange looking underwater creatures to make variations on. I thought that was kind of lame.