E3 Mega Thread 2015

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: E3 Mega Thread

Post by Kong Wen »

Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Geez, I guess I better play Dishonored.
They announced a Dishonored collection for current gen aswell.
Ah, nice, I guess I'll wait for that to 1. come out, and 2. get cheap.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I've got to say that I previously had no interest in Fallout 4 until I saw that gameplay preview. Am now sold...

I know a number of folks here enjoyed 3 quite a bit - my step-son did as well. I just never had enough interest or curiosity to look into it myself, though, so this will be my first experience with the series.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Just watched MS press conference. Most interesting new game I saw was that cup game, what a cute and unique art style for a video game.

I was most impressed by the Minecraft segment though. Did they literally make a hologram of the game you can see without a headset, or was it only visable because of the camera we were viewing it through? Either way that looked pretty cool, I hope it works as well as they were demoing it to be. Perfect game to show it off with too, makes minecraft creations all that more impressive to be able to look at it from a 3D perspective in real life.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

New South Park game seems to be the only thing that interests me so far.

That being said square/Nintendo/Sony are the only companies I'm probably interested in.
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

I just fucking bought Dishonored today. Really, really hating this trend of re-releasing games that are only a year or two old.

Rob
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I watched sonys conference.

The Last Guardian - Looks cool probably something I'd check out
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Looks like something I might like. The world looked amazing.
FF7 Remake - I'd check it out considering I've never played it before.
No Man Sky - I'm unsure if I'll like it or not.

Everything else was meh.

Looking forward to Nintendo and Square Enix tomorrow though. (Kingdom Hearts 3 and Zelda Wii U details being something I'm hoping most for.)
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Yu Suzuki has made a Shenmue 3 kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

It's already received half it's funding goal! Finally Ryo is getting out of that cave in Guilin after 14 years! The game will be made for PS4 and PC...

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Took a better look at everything else.

Bethseda FPS I've never gotten into so nothing special there for me.

Microsoft I barely looked at but nothing caught my eye.

EA had Mirrors Edge 2 which looks cool but I still haven't played 1. They also had Unravel which is like Yoshi Wooly World or Kirby Epic Yarn and that looks really cool too.

Ubisoft had south park so that's an instant buy unless it gets a horrid review.

Sony I mentioned above.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Pluvius wrote:I just fucking bought Dishonored today. Really, really hating this trend of re-releasing games that are only a year or two old.
On the bright side, it can't have cost more than a few bucks? I was turned off after I bought Dishonored cheaply and then that extra-complete edition came out. Thankfully, I never bothered upgrading to that.

I can only think awful thoughts about this FF7 remake. I'm sure I'll end up trying it, but I just feel like there's simply no way in which it could be good.

I'm excited about the Destiny expansion, obviously.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
Pluvius wrote:I just fucking bought Dishonored today. Really, really hating this trend of re-releasing games that are only a year or two old.
I can only think awful thoughts about this FF7 remake. I'm sure I'll end up trying it, but I just feel like there's simply no way in which it could be good.
Why is that, are they changing the gameplay or something?

Also, for us Canadians, Amazon Canada is having a deal where if you pre-order 3 or more games (including those announced at E3) you get 30% on each game, similar to Best Buy's deal last year. You'll need to input a code at the checkout, should be listed on Amazon's site. I'll definitely be taking advantage of this after Nintendo's presentation! (30% off Mario Maker anyone?)
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons