Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Post by pdSlooper »

Koji Igarashi (the Metroidvania guy) kickstarted a Metroidvania project two days ago and it reached its funding goal on the same day. It looks pretty cool. I dunno what else to say, I just thought I'd spread the word of this cool-looking game.

Kickstarter page too far away? Here are some highlights:
WHAT IS BLOODSTAINED?
- An exploration-focused, side-scrolling platformer featuring RPG and crafting elements.
- Koji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development. (Michiru Yamane was the principal composer for a number of Castlevania titles.)
- If funded, the game will be developed for XBOX One, Playstation 4, and PC. Backers will have the option to receive actual PS4 / XB1 / PC retail discs. The physical copy of the game for Xbox One, Playstation 4, or Steam (PC/Mac/Linux) will include exclusive Kickstarter-only content (The mighty swordwhip; A super-powerful hidden boss; A Kickstarter Edition slipcase)
But do check out the page. There is art. It is lovely.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Post by Kong Wen »

Thanks for posting, Sloop! I'm tempted to back this. The fact that it's being pitched as a full retail game is interesting. I hope it has the depth of content to support the price.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

The intro and wine glass part of the video is so awesome.

I'm quite amazed there is a PR company behind the design of the Kickstarter campaign, rewards and kickstarter art. That's an interesting business.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I'm really intrigued by this game. I figured if I waited long enough, someone else would make a thread about it. :D

Like Kong, I'm still not sure if I'll back it (I might), but I absolutely hope that it is developed with care and turns out to be a great game!
You got BOOST power!
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

Vita stretch goal has been reached.

pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

6 days left on the funding. I wonder what the final amount will be.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Wow that's pretty impressive as far as funding. I suspect it'll keep climbing over the next five days, too.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

At 4,750k there's a prequel mini-game for portables (for PC/consoles at 4,500k). I don't think it'll reach that high, though.

I think I'd like to play this on Vita most, since 3DS isn't an option.
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Have this one backed. Was very intrigued by the concept. Can see why Bloodstained got a lot of support. Not just because it as close as we are gonna get to a Metroidvania game, but there was also a combination of great backer rewards($60 for a physical release is great!), well timed stretch goals, and strong support from start to finish. Maybe Yooka-Laylee would have gotten more backing, had there been more incentive like with Bloodstained?
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

Ended with 64,867 backers and $5.77 million raised. The Japanese and French/German kickstarters are still running.