favorite video game websites?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: favorite video game websites?

Post by pdSlooper »

I stumbled across these today:

-- Out-of-Print Archive
-- Retromags

These are both dedicated to the same thing - preserving old gaming magazines. I haven't checked them out though, so I don't really know if the websites are any good or not.
Humphries90

Re: favorite video game websites?

Post by Humphries90 »

My usual ones are Nintendolife and Eurogamer. Although Eurogamer has steadily gone downhill in recent years so I generally just visit out of habit.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

What sites do you use to find gaming news/reviews/previews?

Post by SkyPikachu »

So for the past 4-5 years I've been using reddit. I've finally decided to get away from it as the place is like cancer. The only issue is that reddit was my form of news for everything from sport to video games and now I've got to find other sources.

So what sites does every use/find reliable for gaming news? Reviews and previews I don't care as much about but would be nice too.

Mainly Nintendo and PlayStation news is what I'm looking for (PC and Xbox news I might read once in a blue moon)

Ps: Any good NFL or NHL news sites would be nice too but considering this is a gaming website I'd rather focus the topic on gaming.

Pps: I subscribe to nintendos newsletters which seems to be handy for demo codes + direct times.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: What sites do you use to find gaming news/reviews/previe

Post by Kong Wen »

I mainly use the PlayStation Blog for PS news.

I use tsn.ca for NHL news. The cover NFL too but I'm not sure how good it is, since it's a Canadian site.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

I don't follow game news anymore TBH. I just hear about stuff second hand or see it in some video on Youtube or something. The one exception to this is that I pay attention to news in fighting games, from the standard sources like Shoryuken and Eventhubs. I never have used reviews. For previews I sometimes watch Giant Bomb, although that's just as much about watching personalities I like playing a game as it is about getting a preview of the game.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

TheGreatNads wrote:I don't follow game news anymore TBH. I just hear about stuff second hand or see it in some video on Youtube or something. The one exception to this is that I pay attention to news in fighting games, from the standard sources like Shoryuken and Eventhubs. I never have used reviews. For previews I sometimes watch Giant Bomb, although that's just as much about watching personalities I like playing a game as it is about getting a preview of the game.
What youtube channels are you subbed to?
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

Slurmee wrote:What youtube channels are you subbed to?
None.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I'll visit N4G on occasion. I have an app on my phone that allows me to pick and choose from a lot of sources, so I'll browse through that as well.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'll say it again and again, GoNintendo is the best place for Nintendo news. They post everything you can think of related to Nintendo though, from small indie titles to fan art. Lots of stuff there.

Other news I kind of just getting from hearing about things here. I go to IGN as well to see some headlines. I wouldn't say it's the best site, but they have a podcast I like.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:I mainly use the PlayStation Blog for PS news.

I use tsn.ca for NHL news. The cover NFL too but I'm not sure how good it is, since it's a Canadian site.
Only sucky thing about tsn is that you can't watch the video in Australia.