What Podcasts do you listen to?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

What Podcasts do you listen to?

Post by The Shoemaker »

I've been going to the gym more lately and I've found that I'm craving podcasts more often than straight music. So I was wondering, what are your favourite podcasts? Gaming, music, media related, anything!

I like Nintendo Voice Chat by IGN. I've been listening to them for a couple years, really it's just a standard Nintendo podcast. They throw up some good discussions and have some guests every now and then. A couple weeks back they interviewed Bill Trinen from Nintendo (often known for translating for Myiamoto) and his involvement in EVO this year. And about two episodes ago they interviewed the Man with the world record for owning the most Mario products

While not necesarrily a podcast, a Youtube Channel I like to follow is Ellio Garcia from Westeros.org. They make videos related to the Song of Ice and Fire series and their most recent videos cover Season 5 of Game of Thrones. Their episode reviews are usually around an hour long and make for a good listen, not necessary to "watch" them.
Last edited by The Shoemaker on 07 Aug 2015 05:35, edited 2 times in total.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: What Podcasts do you listen to?

Post by pdSlooper »

Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine -- Medical history. Gross stuff. But hilarious.

Sailor Business -- Two grown men (and Sailor Moon fans) watch the original Sailor Moon anime, episode by episode, and discuss it very seriously and in-depth with a guest. Comparative analysis between sub, dub, manga, and YA novel. It might or might not tickle your funny bone, depending on how much terrible anime you've watched.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote: Sailor Business -- Two grown men (and Sailor Moon fans) watch the original Sailor Moon anime, episode by episode, and discuss it very seriously and in-depth with a guest. Comparative analysis between sub, dub, manga, and YA novel. It might or might not tickle your funny bone, depending on how much terrible anime you've watched.
Oddly enough, I'm intrigued to listen to at least one episode of this :lol:
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

I used to listen to podcasts fairly regularly, but not much anymore. I listen to EconTalk when there is an interesting guest/topic. As is obvious from the name, it's an economics podcast. Aside from that I can't think of any podcasts I have listened to lately. I guess every once in a while I'll listen to the Giant Bombcast when I want to hear something game related, but that's rare nowadays.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

My Brother, My Brother and Me -- "An advicecast for the modern era." I'm not sure how to describe this. It's three brothers giving terrible advice?

Can I Pet Your Dog?! -- Dog enthusiasts discuss all things dog. Dog dog dog.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote: Can I Pet Your Dog?! -- Dog enthusiasts discuss all things dog. Dog dog dog.
What are you trying to pull here, are you trying to tell me you don't listen to any sort of cat related podcasts? ;)
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

I don't actively seek out podcasts, I just listen to whatever my wife plays. These are the podcasts my wife plays that I like.

I just listened to the whole archive of CIPYD, it is delightful. It's new so there's only, like, 3 or 4 episodes.

The second most recent episode of Sawbones was about trepanation, or drilling holes in your head for fun and profit. I recommend it. The most recent episode is about honey, which isn't as entertaining.
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

Harmontown
This podcast is done by the creator of the tv shows "Community" and "Rick and Morty" Dan Harmon. This podcast is usually unscripted and features many guests. During the ending they play a sort of Dungeons and Dragons game called "Shadow Run". Dan Harmon sometimes breaks down and goes on rants about some of the oddest things. By the way, all this is done in front of a crowd of people almost every week.

Sleepycast
This Podcast is not for the faint of heart. This podcast is done by many famous animators and voice actors from newgrounds who have made their own studio called Sleepycabin. It features Stamper (the narrator from Battle Block Theatre), OneyNG who made the "Wingardium Leviosa", Jeff "Johnny Utah" who animated and Voiced the "Tank Men" animations on newgrounds and many more people who are apart of this odd collective.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Audio Ace wrote:Harmontown
This podcast is done by the creator of the tv shows "Community" and "Rick and Morty" Dan Harmon. This podcast is usually unscripted and features many guests. During the ending they play a sort of Dungeons and Dragons game called "Shadow Run". Dan Harmon sometimes breaks down and goes on rants about some of the oddest things. By the way, all this is done in front of a crowd of people almost every week.
I'll definitely have to check this one out, I'm on board for anything Dan Harmon.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Audio Ace wrote:Sleepycast
This Podcast is not for the faint of heart.
What makes it not for the faint of heart? I'm curious/intrigued.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming