Metroid Dread

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Metroid Dread

Post by Kreegs »

I've started playing Metroid Dread. Wow does the difficulty spike pretty early on! I feel like I have died so many times already and I have only just beaten the third boss. Is anyone else playing this game? How do you find the difficulty spike?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Metroid Dread

Post by The Shoemaker »

I played the game back in October! I loved it. The game stayed fairly challenging throughout, I felt like it was always doable though. Definitrly need good use of the slide and dodge abilities. There's also a rookie mode they added now.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote: 13 Apr 2022 13:52 There's also a rookie mode they added now.
Sweet .. should try that mode and see how far I get ;)

Played the game when it was released, but due to lack of time hadn't gotten back into it :(
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

My gamecard can not be read anymore :(
The gamecard doesn't look dirty, but when I compare it to other gamecards (like Mario Kart or Mario Maker) the connection parts are not as shiny.
I've already tried different "solutions" found on the internet, but none worked. Maybe trying to clean the connection parts will help ... I don't want to spend another €59.99 for a new gamecard or download :(
Grt. Merlin

Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 05 Feb 2023 13:08 My gamecard can not be read anymore :(
The gamecard doesn't look dirty, but when I compare it to other gamecards (like Mario Kart or Mario Maker) the connection parts are not as shiny.
I've already tried different "solutions" found on the internet, but none worked. Maybe trying to clean the connection parts will help ... I don't want to spend another €59.99 for a new gamecard or download :(
Oh boo - sorry to hear that. That happened with my MGS4 disc. And Star Trek. It’s why I buy digital whenever I can. I know there’s risk of servers not distributing at some point in the future, but, for me, the risk of discs going bad seems higher…
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Cleaning the connection parts didn't help. Restarting Switch with gamecard inside didn't help either.
Now I've used a voucher for the digital version so I at least didn't have to pay full price.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 07 Feb 2023 11:48 Cleaning the connection parts didn't help. Restarting Switch with gamecard inside didn't help either.
Now I've used a voucher for the digital version so I at least didn't have to pay full price.
That's too bad! Did you ever finish the game or are you just looking to replay?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

No, never finished the game ... not even faced the first boss. I stopped when I got stuck, but when I knew how to continue I restarted.Lack of time and having to switch cartridges to play the game made me not play it for a long time. Switching a disc on Wii (U) was simple.
Grt. Merlin