Mega Man Legacy Collection

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Mega Man Legacy Collection

Post by Kong Wen »

The Mega Man Legacy Collection is coming out today on PS4, and probably on several other platforms as well. I'm posting the PS Blog link just because they're good about posting content on games that are coming out. The features here would apply to other platforms too.

The basics: Mega Man 1-6 for $14.99.

Some of the additional features they mention are actually really cool:
  • Database - Contains every enemy and what they're weak against. You can practise against robot masters.
  • Music Player - Mega Man music is awesome. This has all of it.
  • Challenges - 50+ timed challenges complete with leaderboards and video replays.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection

Post by VictorViper »

As I understand it, this will also hit 3DS and not Vita. I had serious dread about what the price would end up being, but $15 is a good deal, especially with the added features and enhancements. Will be picking this up for sure.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:As I understand it, this will also hit 3DS and not Vita.
3DS, PC (Steam), PS4, and Xbox One. The 3DS version isn't coming out until 2016, though, when the retail versions are released.

It's not coming out for Wii U. Cue the jokes, but one of the reasons for that could be that these aren't simply ports or emulated ROMs. They were re-built more or less from the ground up in a new engine, that was lovingly crafted to account for all of the NES's limitations, so you'll have blinking sprites etc. here (I thought I read there would be options to toggle them, but I might just be thinking of MM9-10). Anyway, it could be that Digital Eclipse simply didn't want to spend the money and effort on porting their engine & tools to Wii U. 3DS is a gimme given the size of their market there, but it's telling that that version isn't coming out until they start putting the game in boxes. And the three current-gen platforms would be relatively simple to co-develop.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
VictorViper wrote:As I understand it, this will also hit 3DS and not Vita.
3DS, PC (Steam), PS4, and Xbox One. The 3DS version isn't coming out until 2016, though, when the retail versions are released.

It's not coming out for Wii U. Cue the jokes, but one of the reasons for that could be that these aren't simply ports or emulated ROMs. They were re-built more or less from the ground up in a new engine, that was lovingly crafted to account for all of the NES's limitations, so you'll have blinking sprites etc. here (I thought I read there would be options to toggle them, but I might just be thinking of MM9-10). Anyway, it could be that Digital Eclipse simply didn't want to spend the money and effort on porting their engine & tools to Wii U. 3DS is a gimme given the size of their market there, but it's telling that that version isn't coming out until they start putting the game in boxes. And the three current-gen platforms would be relatively simple to co-develop.
Too bad since the Wii U has gotten a lot of love from classic Mega Man games on VC. I can't imagine that's a reason not to put the game on Wii U though, since 3DS has all the games already as well.

Also, the 3DS version uses the Mega Man amiibo. I think it unlocks a few extra challenges and other little things.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Megaman Legacy for 3DS

Post by Kreegs »

I am really thinking of picking this game up. Megaman is one of my favorite characters, and the games are still fun today. The game includes the NES games 1-6 and a golden Megaman amiibo if you pick up the collector's edition. The reviews have been good so far and having the first 6 game in one compilation on a portable console would get lots of playtime.

Personally, 2 and 3 are my favorites, but this might get me to play 5 and 6 more, which I can't remember playing, though I know I have.

Thoughts?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs, I've merged your post into the existing thread.

Share and I have been playing this. It's quite nice. How much does the amoeba version cost? I bet you can get a digital copy without getting fleeced.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I got this game for my birthday. The goal mega an is pretty nice! He looks great on my shelf.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is coming out this August for XBox One, PS4, and PC. It includes the lacklustre Mega Man 7 and 8, as well as the excellent 9 and 10. With the collection apparently coming to retail as well, this will be the first time 9 and 10 are available outside of digital storefronts, which means we don't need to be scared of licensing or server BS making our games disappear.

There's no word on a Switch or 3DS version yet.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I loved the first legacy collection, was my first time playing 5/6 of those games. MM9 was my first MM, lots of fond memories there. But I really want a portable version so we'll see.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Seriously hoping for a Switch version. Not sure why Capcom wouldnt release one, but its Capcom...