Pikmin 4 Announced

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Pikmin 4 Announced

Post by The Shoemaker »

In an interview back in July that was just posted today, Miyamoto confirms that Pikmin 4 is in development, and is almost complete. No info on what system it will hit, and what will be new about it. Just confirmation. http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/24211 ... e-to-compl

I have no idea what this Pikmin will be about, but I wouldn't mind seeing a more multiplayer centered Pikmin game. In Pikmin 3 you controlled three different humans, who all had control over the Pikmin. You could dispatch teams of Pikmin to explore in different directions and do different things. I think this mechanic would work great as a co-op feature. It would expand what you could do with the game as well since there would be control over two teams of Pikmin simultaneously, rather than switching between the teams. I imagine it could make some interesting boss fights and puzzles.

I would also like to see the multiplayer modes from Pikmin 3 expanded apon, given full online features with ranking and points. Online challenges with friends would definitely be a lot of fun.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Pikmin 4 Announced

Post by Kreegs »

Playing alongside a friend online would be amazing. Especially if it had voice chat. Does Nintendo know about that feature?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Playing alongside a friend online would be amazing. Especially if it had voice chat. Does Nintendo know about that feature?
Voice chat is still pretty unheard of in gaming these days as it's truely turn of the decade technology! :roll:

Voice chat would be a must for online co-op though, would be such a relaxing game to play with friends.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

That's pretty cool. I didn't expect such quick turnaround for this series since there was such a long gap between 2 and 3.

Looking back, though, I know Miyamoto really likes the series, so perhaps it's not so surprising. Looking forward to it!
You got BOOST power!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't played Pikmin 3 enough to say I enjoyed it. Stranded at first boss fight during my first playthrough and restarted a while ago, but got sidetracked by other games. Don't think I'll get 4, especially if I don't get on with 3 at some point.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:That's pretty cool. I didn't expect such quick turnaround for this series since there was such a long gap between 2 and 3.

Looking back, though, I know Miyamoto really likes the series, so perhaps it's not so surprising. Looking forward to it!
Especially considering it's almost done, new Pikmin game in 2016 would be way earlier than any of us expected.
MerlinDrazziw wrote:Haven't played Pikmin 3 enough to say I enjoyed it. Stranded at first boss fight during my first playthrough and restarted a while ago, but got sidetracked by other games. Don't think I'll get 4, especially if I don't get on with 3 at some point.
Well as you go on your go to new environments and get new kinds of Pikmin, so if you're not into the game now then I'm not sure how much you'll like the rest of the game. Might be worth your while to revisit.