Kickstarter: What are you backing?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Kickstarter: What are you backing?

Post by Spore »

I've backed a fair share.

Double Fine Adventure
Code Hero (Little interest, but I like the idea of a game teaching kids to code getting funded)
Wasteland 2
Rain World (Played at PAX, is already excellent)
SUPERHOT

I may be most excited for SUPERHOT at the moment. The demo is amazing and the video they recently showed looked beautiful. It apparently also has terrific Rift support, and I cannot pass up the opportunity to experience bullet time the way it was meant to be. Exciting times.

In retrospect, I wish I had backed Frog Fractions and Cboyardee's Barkley 2.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

I've backed Cryamore, Mighty No. 9 and Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.

Keeping an eye on Timespinner, at the moment... might be interesting!
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

I have backed only Massive Chalice. Of course, I didn't know about The Banner Saga at the time, so I might end up liking it less in comparison, but oh well. It's supposed to come out soon, so time will tell!
lol hello
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

This looks to be a really neat game
http://www.tictocgames.com/adventures-of-pip/
It's called Adventures of Pip. You start out as a single pixel and as you defeat more enemies you aquire their pixels and increase your resolution becoming more and more detailed. Sort of like you start out as an 8-bit character and work your way to 16-bit ect. Also as you get more pixels you aquire more moves like double jump, duel wielding and combos. It's almost like a game that's showing the evolution of video games visually and mechanically. Definitely cool. Unfortunately the Kickstarter never made it, so I'm not sure what the status of the game is but I hope to see more of it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:This looks to be a really neat game
It's called Adventures of Pip. You start out as a single pixel and as you defeat more enemies you aquire their pixels and increase your resolution becoming more and more detailed. Sort of like you start out as an 8-bit character and work your way to 16-bit ect. Also as you get more pixels you aquire more moves like double jump, duel wielding and combos. It's almost like a game that's showing the evolution of video games visually and mechanically. Definitely cool. Unfortunately the Kickstarter never made it, so I'm not sure what the status of the game is but I hope to see more of it.
A new Kickstarter on Adventures of Pip is slated to launch on August 20th. I might get a chance to support it...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ti ... sts/898389
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:This looks to be a really neat game
A new Kickstarter on Adventures of Pip is slated to launch on August 20th. I might get a chance to support it...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ti ... sts/898389
Nice I'm definitely going to support this time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Hey guys, I just stumbled upon this game that looks promising but there are only 25 hours left: Jotun, an action-adventure game with Norse mythology as the setting.

It's already been fully funded; and it's probably not going to reach its higher stretch goals, so perhaps the only value in posting it here is to give y'all a heads-up and to keep my eye on it.

It's got a beautiful hand-drawn art style, and the samples from the soundtrack are pretty good too.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Thanks for the heads up, I'd definitely like to see where that goes.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

It does look interesting, though I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the leap to playing games on my PC ;)

The Adventures of Pip relaunched its Kickstarter today. Gameplay is a little more clear now and I like the sound of it. You get different abilities from having more pixels, but you'll want to switch between them to solve puzzles and whatnot. I supported it this time, here's the Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ti ... endo-wii-u
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:It does look interesting, though I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the leap to playing games on my PC ;)

The Adventures of Pip relaunched its Kickstarter today. Gameplay is a little more clear now and I like the sound of it. You get different abilities from having more pixels, but you'll want to switch between them to solve puzzles and whatnot. I supported it this time, here's the Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ti ... endo-wii-u
Seems like it might reach its base goal, this time around. I'll consider backing it towards at least the game itself, but not totally sure how much though.