Round 3: The Prince Edward Island Bracket

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

What three games should advance to the next round?

Poll ended at 03 Oct 2015 23:22

1986 - The Legend of Zelda - NES
19%
1986 - Metroid - NES
19%
1987 - Phantasy Star - SMS
13%
2003 - Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - GCN
9%
2007 - Mario Strikers Charged [Football] - Wii
2%
2007 - SSX Blur - Wii
2%
2008 - Ōkami - PS2/Wii
13%
2009 - Punch-Out!! - Wii
9%
2012 - Fantasy Life - 3DS
6%
2013 - Super Mario 3D World - Wii U
9%

Total votes: 64

This Old Neon
Administrator

Post by This Old Neon »

You can vote for 1-3 games in this poll. Vote carefully—you can't change your votes after submitting them. The #1, #2, and #3 ranked games at the end of the week will move on to Round 4.

1986 - The Legend of Zelda - NES
1986 - Metroid - NES
1987 - Phantasy Star - SMS
2003 - Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - GCN
2007 - Mario Strikers Charged [Football] - Wii
2007 - SSX Blur - Wii
2008 - Ōkami - PS2/Wii
2009 - Punch-Out!! - Wii
2012 - Fantasy Life - 3DS
2013 - Super Mario 3D World - Wii U

You are encouraged to discuss your choices and your reasons for selecting the games you did.
evildevil97
Adept

Re: Round 3: The Prince Edward Island Bracket

Post by evildevil97 »

Love the Wii Punch-Out. Put Next Level Games on my radar, that's for sure.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

evildevil97 wrote:Love the Wii Punch-Out. Put Next Level Games on my radar, that's for sure.
Definitely. Beautiful and great gameplay. Extra points to them for letting players not use motion controls if they didn't want to. I want to see a sequel starring new fighters rather than the reboot this one was.
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

Wow, what a grouping. Going to have to think about this one a while. I think Zelda will get my vote, Metroid will probably not even though I respect it. I just can't play that game these days. Okami is a classic and I really really want to play Punch-Out (wii), Phantasy Star, 3D World and Fantasy Life at some point because they all look fantastic.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

What a poll.

Okami neeeds to make it to the next round, that game is a pure gem.

Double Dash was the Mario Kart I played over and over as a kid. I give it props now for changing up the gameplay with the two character per kart system. Also I remember my copy game with this awesome demo disc for other gamecube games.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

The incredible and epic Phantasy Star gets my only vote here. Metroid and Zelda are decent games and certainly influential, but I feel like they both have too many old school issues to keep my love. It may not help that I waited more than twenty years to play either of them...no nostalgia here, folks.

To be fair, I waited almost as long to really play Phantasy Star and I've since beaten it three times.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Sharecrow wrote:Metroid and Zelda are decent games and certainly influential, but I feel like they both have too many old school issues to keep my love. It may not help that I waited more than twenty years to play either of them...no nostalgia here, folks.
It's the same for me. I've never actually beaten either of the two, they are both just very old games. Zelda II is something I was able to get very down with though, despite playing it 20 years later as well.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Until Mario Kart 8, Double Dash was the best game of the series.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

This is a really solid bracket for the most part, but Phantasy Star earns a single vote from me. Many of the games here are good, even great, but only Phantasy Star is a game I'd consider the best. It's a game I'd happily vote for until the bitter end, should it somehow overcome its competition.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

VictorViper wrote:This is a really solid bracket for the most part, but Phantasy Star earns a single vote from me. Many of the games here are good, even great, but only Phantasy Star is a game I'd consider the best. It's a game I'd happily vote for until the bitter end, should it somehow overcome its competition.
I will too. And you got another Sharecrow cool point!
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.