Tomodachi Life

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Tomodachi Life

Post by The Shoemaker »

Funny little game, anyone else pick it up? It's interesting to see all the little things your Mii's get up to, and it's uncanny how much they seem to resemble their real life counter parts. Feel free to post any interesting pictures from the game!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Tomodachi Life

Post by Kong Wen »

What do you actually do in this game? The trailer/vid I saw made it look like a mix of Animal Crossing and Wii Party for Miis, but I've read reviews that say that's a bad comparison.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

There's both a lot to do and little to do. You basically import Mii's, give them a personality and watch them carry out their lives and interact with one another. They gain happiness (XP) from you playing with them, giving them food or clothes, or helping them through a problem and when they level up you can give them something to keep. Like I could give someone a 3DS in the game and then from time to time I'll see that Mii playing with it.

Your enjoyment comes from how much you put into the game; if you take time to make accurate personalities, give appropriate items and assign phrases that are all representative of what that person is like in real life the game becomes more enjoyable because the Mii's really start acting like that person. Of course you can put in celebrities or video game characters as well; my Mii is best friends with Gannondorf.

You could compare it to Animal Crossing but its much more personal, and has less actual gameplay. If you don't like the idea of having your Mii as a virtual pet and watching to see what crazy things they get up to than this wouldn't be for you. It's really suited for 5-15 minute play sessions.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I bought it and have played it a bit but overall was kind of underwhelmed by it all. Best thing I can say is its very quirky.