Amiibo

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Amiibo

Post by Claytone »

Added Marth to my collection recently and have preordered Falco, which just about rounds out everyone I was interested in getting. Unless they release an F-Zero line (and related game), I don't think I'll be getting any more Amiibo any time soon.

But I say that having originally planned to buy far fewer than I have ended up getting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You got BOOST power!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The last 2 amiibo's I added, were ordered from amazon uk. Couldn't find ZSS in any dutch store and Toad was only available with the Cpt. Toad game. Classic Mario was my previous purchase, when I got the Super Mario Maker retail bundle. Got 6 amiibo's in total now, don't think I'll get more unless it unlocks something cool in a game I own.

As for the game stores here ... I was surprised I saw some new amiibo's available. They had the R.O.B., Duck Hunt and Game&Watch amiibo's on display (2 of each). Still just a few amiibo's in total for sale as compared to Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Never posted my latest Amiibo!

Close up on Yarn Yoshi.
Here's Mario at an angle.

I really like Classic Mario, because from afar he looks 2D, but if you turn him a bit he becomes this cool 3-dimensional thing.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I'm envious of that Robin amiibo, Shoe. Just added the Mii 3 pack and Falco as well as Chibi Robo and a few of the Animal Crossing gang.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:I'm envious of that Robin amiibo, Shoe. Just added the Mii 3 pack and Falco as well as Chibi Robo and a few of the Animal Crossing gang.
I was lucky to get it! Audio Ace traded me for Gold Mario.

I also picked up Falco the other day. I was very close to getting the Animal Crossing 3 pack, but all I want is KK Slider, and neither of the alpacas...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Play-Asia is selling some cheap rare Amiibos today, Lucina, Ike, Robin and others. $15 Canadian (even cheaper in the U.S.). Available to EU as well.

If this was a couple months ago I would probably grab Lucina..
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Grabbed Lucina and Robin from Play Asia during their sale but they haven't arrived yet. Just grabbed Blue Yarn Yoshi as well. I may need Amiibo Anonymous...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:I may need Amiibo Anonymous...
I know what you mean.

I picked up the retro 3 pack the other day because why not. I really like Duck Hunt and ROB, and Game and Watch looked neat. Duck Hunt's model is actually really good considering it has a big plastic stick to hold up the bird.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

+ Pink Yarn Yoshi
+ Lucas
+ Shovel Knight
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:+ Pink Yarn Yoshi
+ Lucas
+ Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight came out of nowhere, had no idea it was available. Ordered one online, but I'll have to wait for a fresh stock.