Metroid Prime Remastered

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Metroid Prime Remastered

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Who's going to pick this up?

I'm still in doubt as it isn't the Trilogy version what I would've expected for the price.
But then again, this also can be a tryout for the new graphics and controls (maybe for MP4) and to see how much interest there is?
Also haven't checked the size of the game, would have to archive another game for space if it is big.

As for what I've seen the game looks great, apart from the doors and some missing gun/visor effects, based on a vid comparing it to the GameCube version.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Metroid Prime Remastered

Post by Kong Wen »

Didn't they announce MP4 like 6 years ago? I can't see them needing to float an MP1 remaster just to judge interest in a brand new game in the series. Testing new controls makes sense, and everything I've heard about the remaster indicate the controls are excellent. If they think MP4 is going to take another couple years, it might be cool if they can pace out the remasters of the other 2 games. Basically get everyone into a full series replay :D
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 11 Feb 2023 17:36 Didn't they announce MP4 like 6 years ago? I can't see them needing to float an MP1 remaster just to judge interest in a brand new game in the series. Testing new controls makes sense, and everything I've heard about the remaster indicate the controls are excellent. If they think MP4 is going to take another couple years, it might be cool if they can pace out the remasters of the other 2 games. Basically get everyone into a full series replay :D
They did announce MP4 6 years ago... but 4 years ago they announced they scrapped development and Retro took over. So the game has been in development for only 4 years technically.

All the rumors indicate this remaster has been finished for over a year now. I'm looking forward to getting to it, seems like a really well done remaster. I've got too many things on the go right now though, might wait for the physical version.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Finished for over a year? And still those ugly doors?

Downloaded the game yesterday for €35
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Finally got around to playing this in the last couple weeks. This would actually only be my second time playing Metroid Prime. The game holds up great, especially when you consider it's 20+ years old. With the updated controls it feels like a modern game. They did such an excellent job of translating 2D Metroid to a 3D, first person experience.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons