Six new Japanese XBox One games announced

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Six new Japanese XBox One games announced

Post by TheGreatNads »

Source: https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/479805581666967552 and http://gematsu.com/2014/06/new-azito-ra ... d-xbox-one

Games are Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, Azito New Project, Onigiri, Natsuki Chronicle, STG Love Trilogy, and a new Raiden game.

Previous reports had DW 8 Empires(which will be coming to multiple platforms) not coming out on the XBone, but this announcement has disproved that. Onigiri is also going to be on other systems as a free to play action MMO with lightly dressed anime chicks. It's at least published(developed?) by CyberStep, makers of that classic MMO third person shooter Cosmic Break that everyone played. Anyone can find gameplay of any of the games in this paragraph if they want to Google them.

Azito is described as a "simulation" game due in 2015. It's by some company called Hamster, who developed a Japan only 3DS game called Azito. It's apparently a game about building and micromanaging a secret base(mechs included judging by Youtube footage). Presumably this will be a new game in the series. You can read a review about the 3DS version of Azito here: http://www.bordersdown.net/content/652- ... ntendo-3DS

The other three are 2D shoot 'em ups. STG Love Trilogy sounds like a compilation of previous games by Triangle Service(developer of Shooting Love games, Exzeal, Trizeal, and XII Stag), though this hasn't been announced. Natsuki Chronicle is presumably a new game from Qute, developer of Ginga Force and Eschatos. The announcement image for Natsuki Chronicle(viewable here: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014 ... 77912.html) says "Another Side of Ginga Force" so it seems to be related to that game. Again speculating, Raiden would seem to be a new entry in the classic Raiden series, developed by the same people(Moss) who did Raiden IV. You can find one piece of Raiden concept art in the 2nd link I posted. All 3 of the STG releases are for 2015.

Needless to say these are all Japanese announcements, no hint of a localization is mentioned and given all of these are fairly niche projects, one wouldn't expect one. However, the XBone is region free, so all of the games can be imported and played on an Xbox One of a different region. Personally I'm interested in the STG games. I'm curious about Azito as well, but as it is presumably text heavy, it will not be playable for me without a localization. I don't know what was said in the initial press conference announcement, so I do not know if it was specified whether these were retail releases or digital only. Given it's the Japanese market I would expect the former, but you never know.
Last edited by TheGreatNads on 20 Jun 2014 21:37, edited 10 times in total.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Six new Japanese XBox One games announced

Post by Kong Wen »

TheGreatNads wrote:Games are Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires...

Previous reports had DW 8 Empires not coming out on the XBone, but this announcement has disproved that. ...

Needless to say these are all Japanese announcements, no hint of a localization is mentioned and given all of these are fairly niche projects, one wouldn't expect one.
DW8:E is supposed to be coming to North America on PS4, so I would be very surprised if the X1 version weren't also localised.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

Kong Wen wrote:DW8:E is supposed to be coming to North America on PS4, so I would be very surprised if the X1 version weren't also localised.
That's true, I forgot about the Empires port when making that statement. I was thinking of the other five games.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I was (perhaps naively) hoping to stick to one console this generation (with maybe a Steam Machine to round things out), but if the 'Bone turns into the STG machine again, my wallet will be mighty unhappy.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

X1 is region free? That's some interesting news, is the PS4 like that as well?

And considering the X1 is doing much better outside of Japan I think there's a good chance they'll be localized.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

VictorViper wrote:I was (perhaps naively) hoping to stick to one console this generation (with maybe a Steam Machine to round things out), but if the 'Bone turns into the STG machine again, my wallet will be mighty unhappy.
A lot of games that were 360 exclusives are having sequels or games made by the same developers for the XBone. The Deadly Premonition creator is making an XBone game. Same thing for Remedy, makers of Alan Wake. Obviously Microsoft franchises like Halo, Gears of War(which they acquired from Epic), and Crackdown are going to have sequels. A new Phantom Dust game is supposed to be coming, etc. Maybe there's even hope for Microsoft giving CAVE money to make something. The chances are if you bought an Xbox 360, there will be something for the XBone you would be interested in. Sorry.
Diebythesword

Post by Diebythesword »

Raiden V is all I need to give me an Xboner
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

I'd hope (for the companies sake) that these games all gets released outside of japan.
Since being a japan only Xbox One game seems like asking for economical failure considering how "popular" the microsoft consoles are over there.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Turai wrote:Since being a japan only Xbox One game seems like asking for economical failure considering how "popular" the microsoft consoles are over there.
Well, the X1 has moved 0 units in Japan so far. ;) (It's not out until September.) The main thing killing it in Japan is that it's not a handheld. Who knows, maybe the marketing will be completely different than it was here (not focused on TV and American sports), and perceived as a console that supports niche Japanese games & developers...

I never really got into the whole import scene on the X360... perhaps I'll try to stay on top of that when I get my X1, since it sounds like it could bring a lot of value to the system.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

Turai wrote:I'd hope (for the companies sake) that these games all gets released outside of japan.
Since being a japan only Xbox One game seems like asking for economical failure considering how "popular" the microsoft consoles are over there.
With the exception of the Dynasty Warriors game, which will be on other systems, these are all niche products anyway. The chances are Microsoft has approached these developers and helped with funding in some way so it will make more sense for them to release on a Microsoft console, just like last generation(they probably are also less likely to have their games rejected for some stupid reason). Besides, it's not like the PS4 hasn't completely bombed in Japan anyway. Or like they couldn't later port these games to other systems.